January Journaling 2021
1. Happy New Year! Let’s hope this one is better than the last one. Started out with a nice breakfast with my husband and our traditional mimosa. Then some writing. Took a nap, then made a delicious surf and turf dinner of sea bass and sirloin steak, rice, and vegetables, Greek salad and mini tiramisu.
2. Quiet Saturday at home.
3. Covid week 42; church online.
4. Writing day at home.
5. Pain clinic appointment postponed to next week. My cousin in the Soo started her chemo today for stage four lung cancer. She is only 80 pounds, having lost 40 before she even started.
6. No school this week, trying to be a good citizen, stay home, and save the world.
7. Starting back to our Women’s Bible study virtually, still in the book of Proverbs.
8. I checked the analytics of my podcast and in spite of not having many subscribers, people are listening. My most popular one so far was Exodus 20, on the Ten Commandments, with 350 listeners.
9. I watched a show on Netflix on minimalism, and started purging.
10. Covid week 43; went to church with my husband since he was on sound. We’re allowed ten people max.
11. Chiro, massage, and dental appointment. Busy week.
12. Pain clinic appointment with my mom.
13. No school this week because of lockdown.
14. Bible study online.
15. I mailed a parcel to the grandkids since we’ll probably miss their birthdays in early February. The two oldest will be four and six.
16. Busy crocheting and writing. I’ll post a picture of the latest blanket I made, which I decided to keep for myself, on a guest bed.
17. Covid week 44, online at home.
18. No appointments this week. I’m enjoying the time at home.
19. Writing day. Also making Pad Thai for dinner in the Instapot. 5/5 stars. My husband is starting a new seminary course on the book of John.
20. Busy day. Virtual prayer meeting tonight, led by my husband.
21. Women’s Bible study online.
22. Feeling desperate about my weight gain; no program has worked for me; going to join Dr. Bernstein diet; it was time to admit that I am obese. Sigh.
23. Signed up for the diet and had my orientation yesterday. Trying to navigate on the app. It is pretty restrictive, but necessary. I’ll miss whole eggs and a glass of wine, but it’s only for two months before foods get added back in. I hope it works for me.
24. Covid week 45, church online at home.
25. Going for my pre diet bloodwork this morning. Hoping to start Wednesday if the supplies arrive.
26. I signed up for Dry Feb with the Canadian Cancer Society, since I’m not allowed my wine on this diet for two months, so I’m sending the equivalent I’d normally spend as a donation.
27. Errands. I bought a new phone. I had this iPhone 6 for four years, now I have an iPhone 11.
28. Women’s Bible study online. Setting up my new phone.
29. Errands; curbside pickup. Ordering in because it’s Friday. I’ll probably be starting my diet Wednesday or Friday, depending on when my supplies arrive.
30. Jerk chicken today. Crocheting and writing.
31. Zooming with the grandkids today. Our grandson is six tomorrow so we’re going to watch him have his cake and open his presents from us.