Saturday, May 4, 2024

First Market

 

April Journaling

1.     It’s our daughter’s final day of school. She was working on her Masters’ degree in Social Work at U of T. Now she’s done and will be rehired at her current work place as a therapist.

2.     My mom is going to get a 24 hour blood pressure monitor put on. It’s all over the map each day. Our daughter and her fiancé are coming by on their way to Ottawa. He is moving here from Colorado. Also meeting his dog, Aldo today.

3.     Chiro and massage. I can’t believe I let the dog on the couch and a bed; we never did that with our dog, but then this one is old and set in his ways.

4.     Finished watching The Ten Commandments movie, then did our course online instead of going downtown. Just one class to go.

5.     Pain clinic. I made a white and purple snail and a giant hippo.

6.     I made keychain coffee cups and a mini octo.  I made a water bottle carrier for my grandson, now two more for the girls.

7.     Church.

8.     My friend had her surgery. It looks like she either doesn’t have cancer or it is only early stage. So thankful.

9.     Took my mom to her doctor’s appointment. Total solar eclipse today but the sky is overcast so I may not get a chance to use my glasses. Didn’t see it.

10. Made a youtube video of my crocheting for the month of March. I changed the name to MimiMadeThis!

11. Bible study class. Final class on Romans. We arranged pizza, samosas, treats, coffee, tea, and pop. I also gave out copies of my book as a gift.

12. Went to John and Esther’s for dinner to reconnect with missionaries to Zambia who are back home in Canada permanently.

13. Working on my lesson for next week. Pricing my amigurumi for my first official sale next Saturday. All proceeds to heartilysouls.org, orphans in Uganda.

14. Church. One of the men drove a corvette stingray that belongs to his friend.

15. Went to a skin clinic to lift my eyebrows since one has been droopy since the pain clinic doctor did it two months ago. It’s so annoying.

16. Getting new spring/summer tires on.

17. Grandparents’ day at the grandkids’ school. Staying for dinner with my mom. Bringing the kids’ water bottle carriers that I made.

18. Bible study Exodus 23 and 24. My husband is writing his exam this evening.

19. Our grandson came for the weekend, just him, for some special attention because he had a rough week. He and my husband watched the first Star Wars movie.

20. Today, they went to a trout pond with friends and he caught two large rainbow trout. Then they watched the second Star Wars movie. Then they went downtown to watch a TFC soccer game, which they got free tickets to, from a man at church. It was a long, full day. Meanwhile, I went (along with my mom) to Trinity Baptist Church to speak at one of their women’s meetings. It was also lunch and a wedding shower. So I spoke on marriage from Scripture, and then gave some marriage advice. I was also able to sell a few books and toys. I sold $300 in toys, plus $150 elsewhere, and all of the money goes straight to Uganda.

21. We had church this morning where we accepted two new members. Then we had a newcomer’s lunch. And then my husband drove our grandson halfway home where his parents picked him up. I gave them all new toys; a Scottish cow, an elephant, and a turtle.

22. We’ve got to start preparing for our trip. I have to drop off all my pills at one of my pharmacies so they can put them in blister packs and there won’t be any grief at the border. I take too many to bring the original bottles. Also doing laundry and tidying up for spring cleaning tomorrow by our housekeeper and a friend of hers. It’s a big job.

23. Spring cleaning. My mom has a cardiologist appointment today, so I go with her.

24. Prayer meeting. My sister is retiring.

25. Bible study on the furnishings of the tabernacle. There are so many Scarlet Threads in that chapter. I had an appointment with my family doctor today. I need to go to physio for a problem.

26. Bought a few things for our upcoming trip, like water shoes and bathing suits. Paid my taxes.

27. Women’s ministry breakfast. It’s a cultural breakfast, so I’m bringing Finnish pancakes (like crepes). I started a granny triangle grey shawl but I ran out of yarn, so I’ll have to buy another ball of yarn before I can finish it. I have so many wips (works-in-progress).

28. Church. Made an emotional support pickle, which my mom wanted, and two mini stingray keychains, a purple butterfly and a phone/sunglass case.

29. Trying to catch up with my writing but the next crochet project keeps beckoning me. I procrasti-crochet.

30. It’s my sixtieth birthday! My sister retired today.

No comments: