Saturday, October 31, 2020

COVID Hallowe'en

 


October Journaling

1.    Women’s Bible study, then lunch at home with a friend.

2.    Home writing today.

3.    Home. We were to go to a dinner party but one of my husband’s co-workers is sick so we’re being cautious.

4.    Stayed home from church for the same reason as yesterday. COVID week 29, watching online.

5.    Dental appointment. Then getting ready for school tomorrow.

6.    School day with my granddaughter, learning about the sense of taste. Also the letter Ww and the number one. She loved the experiment because she loves to eat.

7.    Chiro appointment.

8.    Bible study online. Went to Burlington for the visitation of a friend who died of tongue cancer on Tuesday. Then out for dinner with friends to catch up.

9.    Pain clinic for back injections.

10. New COVID restrictions so our grandkids aren’t coming for Thanksgiving dinner, so it was just the two of us and the rest of the family on ZOOM.

11. COVID week 30 at church. No evening service. Also restaurants are closed to indoor dining again for a month so Thursday was our last hurrah.

12. Thanksgiving Day! So much to be thankful to God for. It’s our eldest daughter’s eighth anniversary. Three kids later…

13. Errands; sent school supplies up to Nunavut.

14. Home day, except for paying the mortgage.

15. Home day, writing.

16. Getting my winter tires on.

17. The beginning of our Missions week at church.

18. Church COVID week 31. Guest speakers morning and evening. So encouraging.

19. Home day.

20. Post office, and printing my summaries of 1 and 2 Timothy and Titus.

21. Hamilton to teach my granddaughter and see the grandkids. My mom came along with me. The letter Xx, the number two, the sense of smell experiment, and thanksgiving crafts.

22. Final chapter of Titus for the women’s Bible study online. Lunch out with my mom. Women’s meeting online tonight with one of our missionaries.

23. Going to the pain clinic for my mom’s appointment.

24. Our tv died so we bought a new one.

25. Church COVID week 32. Still having our Missions Week.

26. Writing day.

27. Post office; free shipping Tuesdays in October.

28. On line prayer meeting. It was well attended, three to four times as many people as pre-COVID. It was also Pastor Appreciation month so the first 45 minutes was spent with people telling him what they appreciate about him and his ministry.

29. Errands. I’m keeping track of everywhere I go each day, in case I have to report my contacts.

30. I got a surprise payment from the federal government because of my disability. At least it’s non-taxable.

31. Hallowe’en. Not officially cancelled but many, including our grandkids are not going out, but are just having one friend over. My grandson is dressing up as Black Panther, our granddaughter as a fairy princess, and the baby as a pumpkin. It’s also Reformation Day.

No comments: