Friday, January 1, 2021

Is it over yet?

 December Journaling

1.    Getting ready for school with grandkids tomorrow, and Bible study on Thursday. My husband is taking the week off to write a paper for his seminary course. He had an extra week of vacation this year since he’s been with the city for 30 years, but nowhere to go.

2.    School day brought to you by the letter Zz, the number zero, the colour black, the shape of oval, a virtual field trip to a zoo, the story of Zachaeus, and the sense of touch.

3.    Bible study online. A bank appointment. I really dislike those. I was hoping to save $400 but only managed $100.

4.    Going to the pain clinic for my appointment.

5.    Christmas shopping.

6.    Church COVID week 38.

7.    Decorated my mini tree today. My cousin from the Soo called today. She was just diagnosed with stage four inoperable lung cancer, plus COPD and emphysema. She’s 53 and a life-long smoker. When we saw her in the summer I thought she was sick since she was extremely thin. She didn’t begin investigations till the fall. They’ve told her to focus on quality of life, since all they’re offering her is chemo. I’m mostly worried about her spiritual state.

8.    Going to the pain clinic with my mom. She doesn’t understand what they’re saying behind their masks.

9.    Paid the mortgage, mailed food to Nunavut and cookies to the U.S. The family I send food to in Nunavut just had a house fire and lost everything. It was totally preventable because it was due to careless smoking indoors. It resulted in three other families becoming homeless as well. So sad. I had sent winter coats for the kids last Christmas, but I guess they’re gone too.

10. Final Bible study of the year, then a four week break for Christmas.

11. Errands, nap, dinner out with my husband, errands.

12. Quiet Saturday at home.

13. Church COVID week 39. A bit of light at the end of the tunnel with a vaccine arriving this week.

14. I’m sending a gospel of John and a letter to my cousin to witness to her. I may risk of offending her, but I don’t want her cursing my name throughout eternity because I never shared the gospel with her.

15. Costco and Chapters.

16. School day brought to you by the letter Aa, the number 4, the colour green, the square shape, the Christmas story, a virtual field trip to an animal farm, and the sense of sight. Then I stayed overnight, and got a lot of writing done because I brought my computer.

17. Home again. Made pickerel for dinner. Yum. Women’s virtual ministry meeting.

18. I only stopped at the drug store.

19. It looks like another lockdown is headed our way. Still getting ready for a virtual Christmas with most of the family, and only immediate family for our meal.

20. COVID week 40; wow, ten months already.

21. Heading into lockdown again.

22. Beginning our Christmas celebrations today.

23. Last minute errands. Everyone is coming over today. Christmas Eve eve.

24. Christmas Eve. Zooming with the extended family.

25. Covid Christmas Day. I got a robot vacuum; yet to be named, and an Instapot. My husband got a toaster oven. We had a big breakfast with mimosas, then apps for lunch because we had an early dinner since our daughter’s family had to leave early.

26. Leftovers. Tried out the robo-vacuum, which was fun to watch.

27. Covid week 41. Back to lockdown so church is online. My husband preached this morning on the song of Mary. See ajaxalliance.com sermons to listen. I went in person and was the only ‘audience’ he had other than the two sound guys. I’m shocked at how dirty our floors are; the robot vacuum canister fills up each day, all from the main floor. But I’m loving not having to vacuum. I also bought a mini dust buster for the stairs.

28. Our daughter went back to Ottawa. She’ll be moving to her own place in February.

29. Back to normal, I undecorated since we gave the table the mini tree was resting on, to our daughter for her new apartment. Back to writing after a week off.

30. Going to try to figure out my new Instapot today.

31. New Year’s Eve at home with my husband, ordered burgers and fries, watched a movie, and enjoyed a fruit platter, cheese and crackers, pate, and champagne. I think, like most people, we won’t be sad to see this year in the rear view mirror.

No comments: