Thursday, September 2, 2021

Buried Treasure



August Journaling

1.    Covid week 71, watched church online. My husband still has another week off work.

2.    Heard our daughter will be coming home on the weekend for a wedding.

3.    I’m annoyed with my disability pension company. My payment which usually comes in on the 27th still isn’t in. I had to wait over the long weekend to call them and they said it would be in tomorrow. I have bills to pay.

4.    Still no pay. Annoying. My mom is returning home after spending ten days in London with my aunt while we were away.

5.    Visiting the grandkids since my husband is still off. We went to the war plane museum and had a picnic lunch. The kids got to sit in a plane. I’ll post a picture. Our four year old granddaughter said she wants to be a pilot when she grows up and will take us wherever we want to go. Then we ordered in. Our other daughter arrived this evening by train. It’s way cheaper than renting a car and she’s double-vaxed.

6.    My disability finally came in ten days late. We had rainbow trout from up north and Greek salad, and Mexican street corn. I discovered it last week and can’t do just butter anymore. Olympic gold in men’s 200 metre race and women’s soccer.

7.    We had Pino sausages from Sault Ste. Marie. This time we were smart and bought five packages of six. They are unlike anything else; not greasy at all. My cousin married a Pino and the store belongs to them.

8.    Our daughter went to a friend’s wedding reception yesterday and is returning home tonight. COVID week 72.

9.    Writing day. Our dishwasher broke just before we went up north. When we returned, we called in a company without checking up on them. They scammed us for $300. When we called back to say it was still broken, they said we’d have to pay $900 for parts. I don’t think so. Then we checked reviews on yelp and BBB and found they are not to be trusted. Don’t use the A team appliance repair. I wrote some reviews and also posted on our neighbourhood facebook page. So we bought a new one instead. The other lasted eight years.

10. Pain clinic and delivery of our new dishwasher.

11. Since no diet has worked for me with significant results, I’m going to try one that is working for a woman at church. It’s called Eat Like a Bear. It’s basically one meal per day; a ridiculously large salad with protein, and then intermittent fasting. I can’t eat that much in one sitting; it’s supposed to be done in an hour. I will divide it in two and eat over a five hour window, of lunch and supper (12-5), then fast for 19 hours. I hope I can do it. I did 12 hours before the first meal. Starting today. I weigh 174.4 lb. At my heaviest I was 186. My goal is to lose 50 pounds, or to get to 125 lb ideally. Let’s roll!

12. I lost 1.6 pounds overnight. They say most lose five pounds in the first three days. Two days to go.

13. I lost 2.6 pounds in two days. It was surprisingly easy to fast considering how full you feel.

14. We had a fundraiser at church for missions. We have people at our church who work for LEGO and the Raptors, so we have good items at the silent auction.

15. We went for a picnic lunch at a local conservation area. Our daughter from Ottawa is coming for one night. She had a friend’s bachelorette weekend. COVID week 73.

16. Our daughter did a painting. I’ll post a picture. I was quite impressed with it. She let us keep it.

17. The grandkids came for two nights.

18. Went to a local farm with the kids. They loved feeding the animals.

19. The kids went home after we went to Rotary Park for a picnic, playground, and water park, then out for ice cream.

20. I’m doing intermittent fasting and it’s actually not hard. I’ve never fasted before except for a 30 hour famine fundraiser years ago, which was soooo hard. My husband has another two weeks off.

21. Drove up to Muskoka to visit and celebrate my brother-in-law’s 55th birthday.

22. COVID week 74.

23. Driving to Ottawa for two nights to see our daughter. Went out for dinner at a local restaurant.

24. Went on a touristy cruise of the Ottawa River then to the Chateau Laurier for lunch. Walked over 8 km; so tired. Then out for dinner at a steak and seafood place.

25. Drive home. Stopped at the Big Apple.

26. Groceries. Laundry.

27. Beach day.

28. We’re going to take the grandkids for two nights tomorrow, since my husband is still on vacation and my daughter needs a break. He has been telling them pirate stories so we bought a little box that looks like a treasure chest and filled it with coin shaped chocolates in silver and gold foil. My husband will bury it in our yard. He also made some treasure maps with clues, which we’ll put in a bottle and leave in the yard.

29. COVID week 75. The kids arrived today.

30. Treasure hunt and water park. I’ll post pictures. My grandson said it was the best day of his life.

31. Brought the kids back home.

No comments: