Thursday, June 30, 2022

The Ark Encounter and Creation Museum Trip




 June Journaling

To Hamilton to help with the grandkids. Rainy day.

2.    Bible study in Jonah chapter two. Voting day in the provincial election.

3.    Today is the 24th anniversary of my husband’s cancer surgery. Never tire of celebrating that. It’s also Ribfest so that’s our dinner. Planted more vegetables and herbs. Prepped my pills for the next 18 days. I take 37 pills a day. Don’t feel bad for me. When I was first sick nine years ago I was taking 90 per day. Most are supplements. Hoping they’ll help with energy levels. I say I’m better than I was but still sicker than I look.

4.    Feeling nauseous from one of my five new pills, but because they all look alike and I’ve set them up for 18 days, I can’t remove any of them, so I just have to cope. Arrggh!

5.    Busy day at church with two services and two meetings; the Pulpit committee meeting and the DVBS meeting.

6.    Chiro and massage.

7.    Pain clinic for back injections.

8.    Hamilton to help with the grandkids.

9.    Bible study, then prepping for our short trip to the U.S.

10. Our daughter is home from Ottawa for the weekend for a concert.

11. Not feeling up to the gardening party at church this morning.

12. Church and pulpit committee meeting.

13. Writing, finishing up my lesson on Jonah.

14. Writing, errands and packing.

15. Hamilton to see the grand-blessings.

16. Bible study; finished Jonah. Heading out to Kentucky around noon. We have a 12 seater van for the seven of us. They got it so I could stretch out, which I appreciate.

17. It’s my husband’s 59th birthday. How can that be? Went to an outlet mall. We are having a bbq at a friend’s place in Kentucky. The family we met were so nice, the woman, Mary is a kindred spirit. We have so much in common with being former nurses and having autoimmune illnesses, and being believers.

18. Going to the Ark Encounter today! It was AWESOME!

19. Going to the Creation Museum. I got so much writing research done in both places. It’s a business trip.

20. Driving home.

21. Finishing up the summaries of my Bible studies on four of the Minor Prophets for Thursday.

22. My final class was postponed till the 30th because there is a funeral at church that morning.

23. Funeral this morning for an elderly man.

24. Doing some proofreading of seminary papers.

25. Watching sermons of some of the pastoral candidates.

26. Church. Our pastor was ill so we had two guest speakers; one was from Alabama. We took him and his wife out to eat afterwards, along with the people we traveled to Kentucky with and it was so nice to get to know them. Believers have an instant connection.

27. Writing, napping, doing laundry. I finished my summaries for four of the Minor Prophets so tomorrow I will get them printed.

28. Printing. My husband took the day off to take his uncle and his wife to Niagara Falls with my mother-in-law. Her brother lives in Florida and is a pastor.

29. Prayer meeting in person.

30. My final class of the year until the fall. Summaries of four of the Minor Prophets.

No comments: