Sunday, December 31, 2023

Crocheting

 





December Journaling

1.     Getting my winter tires on today. Went to a President’s Banquet at the Old Mill. It is for Toronto Baptist Seminary, and our Pastor and his wife came along. So nice to see old friends.

2.     Our daughter is here for the weekend again. Slept poorly last night. Sauna this evening. Ready for my class on Thursday.

3.     Church. Went grocery shopping.

4.     Writing. I didn’t post one episode of my podcast last month because I was so busy. Chili and cornbread for dinner.

5.     Crocheting. Discovered a new stitch on youtube. Made a scarf with fringe and an ear warmer to match. Haddock and corn on the cob for dinner.

6.     Chiro. Haircut. Prayer meeting. Cobb salad for dinner.

7.     Taught my class. My husband had his work Christmas party so I drove him there and picked him up so he could have a drink. Ordered my Christmas meal from Longos again.

8.     Pain clinic.

9.     Crocheting scarves; found an easy and unique pattern and learned how to put fringe on them.

10. Church. My husband preached in the evening. Italian wedding soup for lunch and spaghetti carbonara for dinner. It seems we’re Italian today. Our grandkids were in the Christmas play at church; the oldest boy was a wise man; his dad painted a beard on him and now I can’t tell him apart from his dad, the oldest girl was a cow in a cow suit with a painted face, and the youngest girl was a sheep with a white face and a black nose. So cute.

11. Writing. My final lesson for this week is done, so working on my podcast episode.

12. Botox injections for pain.

13. Prayer meeting. Spaghetti and sauce with sausage for dinner.

14. Final lesson of the year. Chicken pot pie for dinner, also made four for the freezer.

15. My husband and I are going to babysit this evening so our daughter can go to a Christmas party.

16. Baking for coffee time tomorrow.

17. Church. Our friends who we travelled with this summer are back from another cruise.

18. Writing. Cleaning out a cupboard. Our church Christmas party is at a Greek restaurant tonight.

19. Home day; preparing my pills for the next month.

20. Elders and wives’ dinner tonight. I am bringing dessert; a chocolate cake.

21. Going to Hamilton to watch the grandkids in their school Christmas play of some songs from Handel’s Messiah.

22. The parcels of Christmas gifts for the orphans in Uganda arrived today, just in time for Christmas. An answer to prayer. Our daughter came from Ottawa and her boyfriend from Colorado. They decorated the Christmas tree. I crocheted six strings of white snowflakes. I’ll post a picture.

23. My sister who lives in B.C. showed up unexpectedly for Christmas. My mom was so happy.

24. The grandkids aren’t coming to sleep over after all since one of them has been vomiting all night.

25. Hosted Christmas dinner for sixteen family members. Our grandkids have a lull in illness so they’re coming for the day after all, which makes the whole holiday better.

26. Clean up.

27. Our daughter went back to Ottawa and her boyfriend returned to Colorado. Making turkey broth for soup and turkey pot pie with leftovers. Setting our budget for the new year.

28. Baked some vegan eggnog bundt cake to freeze for my daughter and her boyfriend. It was made with oat nog, vegan butter, and flax eggs.

29. I crocheted about twelve scarves this month. It takes one evening to make one along with a matching ear warmer if I have enough yarn. I’ll post a picture. I learned how to make fringe on youtube. My wrist is sore from the repetitive stress.

30. I made homemade shrimp and okra soup which we haven’t had in years.

31. Church. Had Mary Brown’s chicken and okra for dinner. I’ve been doing my Bible teaching podcast, Bible Companion Series for four years now. I have 259 episodes, covering the books Genesis to Deuteronomy, Job, and now into Joshua. If you are planning to read through the Bible chronologically in 2024, come along with me. Bible Companion Series | Podcasts





No comments: