July Journaling
1. Canada Day, our church had an
outreach event at a local community center but I didn’t go.
2. Our son-in-law came for a visit from
the U.S. Received a copy of my first notebook/journal. It is lined but blank.
It’s called Midnight Musings to record those late night ideas before they are
gone in the morning light.
3. I baked my first strawberry-rhubarb
pies to bring to the Young Adults’ meeting tonight to go with the pizza.
Someone is teaching on Biblical Reliability and then we are playing Password.
4. Bringing supplies to church for the
start of VBS. It came so quickly after taking so long. Pouring rain all week
but also very hot.
5. Church. Nice to hear some preaching
again after almost two months downstairs with the kids. Grandkids arriving.
6. VBS Emerald Crossing begins. On Day
One the lesson focused on crossing from being lost to found, with God as our
Shepherd. As the snack manager, we tried to reinforce the lesson through food.
Accordingly, our snack was a sheep constructed of a mini powdered donut,
pretzels and a mini oreo.
7. On Day Two the lesson focused on
crossing from the wrong path to the right path, with God as our Leader. Our
snack was paw print mini pizzas as a nod to our animal pal of the day, Guide
the Border collie. And blue and green fruit to remind them that God leads us to
green grass and still waters.
8. On Day Three the lesson focused on
crossing from fearful to peaceful, with God as our Comforter. Our snack was
bird’s nests with chocolate eggs as a nod to our animal pal of the day, Shadow
the Raven, and veggie sticks to remind them of God’s rod and staff that comfort
us.
9. On Day Four the lesson focused on
crossing from grumbling to grateful, with God as our Provider. Our snack was a
table made of a cookie and marshmallows, to remind us of how God prepares a
table before us in the presence of our enemies, and a cup overflowing with
popcorn to show how our cup overflows with God’s goodness to us.
10. Finally, on Day Five the lesson
focused on crossing from shaky to sure, with God as our Promise Keeper. Our
snack was veggies and cheese in the colors of the Irish flag, orange, white,
and green, and candy in the shape of a foot to remind them that God’s goodness
follows us all the days of our lives. Then I had a table of toys and books to
sell, and sold $650 which is $450 US for the orphans in Uganda. So exhausted.
11. Housekeeper to undo the mess from
the grandkids and prepare for our four guests from Finland on Monday for a
week.
12. Church. Still prepping for guests.
13. Family arrived. Jet lagged but still
stayed up late catching up. I made two soups.
14. Went downtown by train to see the
Little Canada museum, a bird’s eye view of the country in miniature. Still a
work in progress but very well done. Then half of us went home to nap, and the
others went to Ripley’s aquarium. Afterwards, I made stuffed mushroom caps,
devilled eggs, cheese and crackers, mango salsa and nachos and sour cream,
salsa and cheese.
15. To Niagara Falls and Niagara on the
Lake with our guests and J and E. Went on a winery tour where they make ice
wine. It was too much walking for me so I went back to the van for a nap while
the rest saw the city. Afterwards, I made spring rolls, mozzarella sticks,
crackers and a jelly made of peaches and prosecco from the winery, fried
shrimp, and some leftovers from last night.
16. A quiet day. The young couple are
going to Montreal for a few nights. Dinner at our friends’ place, and a swim in
their pool.
17. Shopping with our guests, and dinner
out at a Korean restaurant.
18. I crocheted two snakes and three
water bottle holders. I gave two to our guests. We went to see the Odyssey. BBQ-ing
burgers. They took a walk down to the waterfront and to a bookstore.
19. Driving to H-town to visit our
daughter’s family with our guests. The younger ones went on a hike, while the
men went to the warplane museum. Some of us stayed behind. We had a late
lunch/early dinner. I crocheted a unicorn.
20. They went to the waterfront memorial
about the military connection to Ajax. I made salmon, Mexican street corn,
salads, and ice cream sandwiches for their last meal before their flight.
21. A quiet day at home, recovering. I
didn’t realize how much of an introvert I was; I need a few hours of quiet
every day, which I haven’t had for two weeks because of VBS and our guests.
Also cooking three meals a day for more than the three of us is exhausting.
Chiropractor appointment.
22. Taking my mom to the dentist. She is
taking her walker along for the appointment.
23. Had an IV infusion at the
specialist’s clinic. Crocheted a large unicorn and a hippo.
24. Getting my hair highlighted; ready
to embrace the silver and act my age. Young adults’ meeting this evening. They
are sending a certificate for a free haircut.
25. Golf for missions today. Not
playing, just showing up for lunch and the silent auction. I donated a word
search bundle of five books and a large crocheted monkey. Then going to the new
home of a lady at church for a ‘blessing’.
26. Church. Then to the Keg for dinner
to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary.
27. Massage appointment. Blood work. Got
an idea for a kids’ book on codebreaking.
28. Home day; so nice. I’m going to walk
over to the drug store to buy a few things. I’ll bring the bundle buggy so I
don’t have to carry them. Our daughter has my car today. Had technical
difficulties on the computer and nearly lost all of my work that was 99.9%
done. Managed to fix it. So frustrating. Doing a Match and Search book for
kids.
29. Had our new dishwasher delivered
today. My husband will install it before we go. I crocheted an acrylic orange
and black snake and two chicks.
30. Headed to H-town to help out since
their babysitter got a concussion.
31.I drove out to the west end to celebrate
a former coworker’s 80th birthday. We worked nights together for
over ten years before I had to stop working ten years ago. It was nice to see
the old gang.
No comments:
Post a Comment