Monday, May 3, 2021

Mimi's sweatshop



 

April Journaling

1.    We are going out to eat at The Keg, one of our favourite restaurants, since I’m between diets, and a third lockdown is coming.

2.    On March 27th my mom turned 81. She came over to see her great grandkids who were visiting since she’s had her first vaccine and she hasn’t seen them for months.

3.    My husband and I got our first COVID vaccine today! We got an email from our doctor’s office yesterday saying they had an extra fifty doses of Astra Zeneca, so we booked an appointment and got it done. So thankful.

4.    Resurrection Sunday. Christ is risen! He is risen indeed! Covid week 55.

5.    Finland was voted happiest country in the world for the fourth year in a row. I’d say more like content than jolly. Finns aren’t super emotive people.

6.    Pain clinic with my mom. I’m starting the keto diet today. I have forty more pounds to lose. I lost ten on Dr. Bernstein diet, but it’s not sustainable.

7.    I found a store called Ketotastic, which sells keto products and premade keto meals. I like this diet; I don’t feel hungry or deprived.

8.    Women’s Bible study online, continuing in the book of Job.

9.    I just found out that my sister and her daughters and granddaughter may be moving to New Zealand to work next year, so my mom will move back in with us.

10. Third lockdown; hopefully the last one. So we won’t see the grandkids this month.

11. My diet is going well; not losing pounds as much as inches, which is even better. Covid week 56.

12. Dental appointment.

13. Writing day. My grandkids each asked for a blanket for themselves, so Mimi’s sweatshop got to work. I’ll post pictures.

14. Paying the mortgage.

15. No Bible study this week since it’s the new Spring break because of Covid. Also, the provincial government has closed all schools and moved back to online learning indefinitely. Sad for my grandson who will probably not be going back to the Christian school. They’ll start in public school next fall.

16. Finally got ahead in writing my podcast episodes.

17. I heard my grandniece who is one and a half has COVID. My mom lives there so she needs to get tested.

18. Good news/bad news. My cousin’s lung cancer treatment is going well, and her tumors have shrunk by 50% so they’ll continue on. But her husband was just diagnosed with non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. Covid week 57.

19. Frustrated with keto, I’m enjoying it, but not noticing any significant weight loss.

20. Good news: my cousin’s husband who was also diagnosed with cancer, just found out he has low grad Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, so it will just be watched and won’t require treatment till it changes to intermediate or high grade. He still has enlarged lymph nodes in his neck though.

21. Doh! I recorded a lengthy podcast only to find my microphone wasn’t linked. Virtual prayer meeting. My husband led the study.

22. Women’s Bible study, then writing. Also rerecorded the podcast. I wish I knew someone who could add intro and outro music to it. This is my second year in and still don’t have that which makes it more professional sounding. I get anywhere from 30-300 people listening to it, depending on the topic, but no subscribers other than myself. I guess I’m my biggest fan J. Women’s ministry online in the evening. Nice to be able to crochet while I listen and watch.

23. Every Friday we eat out or order in; more ordering in since the pandemic. My husband’s go-to is Vietnamese Pho soup which he’s enjoyed for about fifteen years. He even calls it Pho-riday. I like a variety. Today will be chicken souvlaki stick with tzatziki sauce and Greek salad, both of which are allowed on a keto diet.

24. Did some rare cleaning today. I hate cleaning.

25. Covid week 58. Online only. Ten are allowed in person, but that’s basically the team that opens and preaches and records. My husband is preaching next week, so I’ll go in person to support him. My mom and sister are coming over to clean the basement apartment in preparation for my mom moving back in with us at the end of June.

26. Getting a nice tax refund this year. J

27. Prepping to see the grandkids tomorrow, as my daughter needs childcare for an appointment and that is allowed during the lockdown.

28. School day; brought to you by the letter Ee, the number 8, the shape octagon, Ancient Egypt, and emotions. We had a great day, and I brought them each a blanket I had crocheted. They loved them. It’s the national day of mourning for those killed in workplace accidents. My dad would have been 82 this year, but he died at age 28 in a preventable accident. I’m 56 so I’ve lived two lifetimes for his one.

29. Bible study.

30. It’s my birthday. I can’t believe I’m 57. We ordered takeout from Chanterelle, a French bistro in Bowmanville. Delicious.

No comments: