Monday, December 5, 2022

Pastor Randy's Retirement Party

November Journaling

1.    Prepping my lesson.

2.    Writing. Prayer meeting which my husband is leading tonight. Then we went out for Vietnamese food with friends.

3.    Bible study, finishing the book of Hosea; summary next week. Going to a fundraising gala for a local Pregnancy Help Centre. A very powerful presentation by the guest speaker.

4.    There’s supposed to be a strike among education workers today, so thankful my grandkids are in a private Christian school. Final planning meeting for the Pastor’s retirement party the following week. I wrote the speeches and did the seating plan and table numbers which are baseball team logos instead. There are 15 AL teams and 15 tables. Our Pastor is a big sports fan, especially baseball. I’m so busy with my class that I can only post one chapter a week in my podcast, Bible Companion Series.

5.    I did the seating plan for the retirement dinner. I hope there are no toes stepped on.

6.    Church.

7.    Writing my summary for Hosea. Taking my mom to see her cortisone doctor. Every little bit helps. Her pain seems to be harder to control than mine at this point.

8.    Meeting with a financial advisor online to invest some money we’ve set aside for the grandkids.

9.    Got my winter tires on today.

10. Making signs for the dinner Saturday. Did the Summary of Hosea.

11. Remembrance Day. Also bought drinks for the dinner. Picking up chairs for the dinner. Changed over my husband’s winter tires. Decorating and setting up tables for the dinner tomorrow.

12. We had our pastor’s retirement party. Everything went smoothly. Exhausted.

13. Church, nap, church. My husband’s leg is swollen and painful on the left side just below where his internal prosthesis is; he had osteoscarcoma 24 years ago, and he didn’t injure it; it just started hurting. He even needs a can or crutches. Deja-vu.

14. Chiro appointment.

15. Dental appointment.

16. We’ve been watching you tube about cruising, getting great tips for our upcoming Baltic Cruise next summer, God willing.

17. A huge lake effect snowstorm is hitting Buffalo and Niagara, with a meter and a half of snow on the first day and more to come.

18. We had to cancel our family Christmas celebration in London with the Finnish family since a few of the kids are sick. Now I have so much food. Anyone for devilled eggs and pie?

19. Sad that we are not in London. I purged my clothes closet, though not as thoroughly as I should. I have trouble letting go.

20. Church. World Cup begins in Qatar. Canada is in for the first time since the 80’s.

21. Flu shot today.

22. Writing.

23. More writing.

24. Prayer meeting.

25.Bible study continuing in Micah.

26. Our eldest daughter is 32 today. We are watching the grandkids so she and her husband can go out with friends.

27. Made a birthday dinner for our daughter.

28. Church. Just a few more messages from our current pastor.

29. Edited three papers for a seminary student so I’m running behind on my work for teaching, and my podcast.

30. Writing furiously. Just finished.

No comments: