Sunday, January 1, 2023

Benaiah earrings

 


December Journaling

1.    Taught the last two chapters of Micah. Just the summary next week. I need a break so we’re taking a month off.

2.    My husband is going to the doctor to get the results of his tests; x-ray, ultrasound and vascular ultrasound on his lower left leg. It’s the leg where he had his cancer 24 years ago. The vascular ultrasound showed no blood clot. No tumour, thank God. It was a pulled muscle and a hematoma. It will subside on its own.

3.    Baking for tomorrow at church.

4.    Church.

5.    Slept poorly last night so I slept in to get my six hours. Writing. Renewed my nursing licence which is the non-practicing category. I am not likely to go back to work after being off for nine years, that’s why they call it chronic illness. But I am hesitant to let it go. If I suddenly got better I could return to nursing just by paying double for my licence. It’s better than going back to school at my age.

6.    Writing. The housekeeper is here today. Went Christmas shopping.

7.    Prayer meeting. My husband is the speaker.

8.    Final Bible study till next year. Summary of Micah today. They appreciate the work. I am thankful for the break.

9.    The grandkids came for a sleepover. Watched How the Grinch stole Christmas. Watched World Cup Soccer.

10. Went to a Finnish Christmas Bazaar with four generations of us. Met three of my daughter’s Finnish friends. Two other people said they had met me before. They hadn’t; I just have one of those faces. Then napped, and went to church for our Christmas potluck party. So much food.

11. Church; our Pastor is preaching through Exodus for his final few sermons, except for Christmas messages. Exodus is one of my favourite Bible books. He’s a good preacher. We’ll miss him. Had to buy a new printer; we bought one of the mega-tank printers since we print so much and ink is so expensive.

12. Writing my podcasts and recording it for tomorrow. I’ll be happy if I can keep up with one per week.

13. So many errands.

14. Went to H-town to help with the kids, since the daycare for the youngest is closed today. Dark driving both ways.

15. My husband got another x-ray of his leg; the full leg this time showing the whole prosthesis. They’ll call with the results. Salmon Wellington for dinner.

16. So there are three areas of concern on the prosthesis; his doctor was worried he wasn’t in more pain; she forwarded the x-rays to his surgeon who put the internal prosthesis in originally 24 years ago. At the time they didn’t know how long they’d last, because the patient usually died sooner. But they estimated 18 years; he’s had 24 so that’s good in itself. But he may need to have the parts swapped out. At least this time it will be better since he won’t be weakened by chemo or have to learn how to walk again like last time when they removed some muscles and he had to retrain other muscles to take their place.

17. I baked some millionaire shortbread for church. Plus my mom’s Finnish gingersnaps are always a hit, but I can’t share the family recipe.

18. Church. Our pastor’s penultimate sermon.

19. Chiro and massage. Last minute shopping.

20. Last minute grocery shopping.

21. Cleaning day. Writing day. Booked a trampoline place for our grandkids and friends at church. Prayer meeting this evening.

22. In H-town to help out.

23. The weather is supposed to be bad for Christmas weekend beginning tonight. Our daughter arrives by train tonight.

24. Joulu Aatto, or Finnish Christmas.

25. Hosting 15 for Christmas today. I had the turkey sent from Longos already cooked.

26. For Christmas my wonderful husband got me earrings featuring the cover of my book. Apparently you can have it done with any book as long as you have an ISBN. Now I have to get my ears re-pierced. I’ll post a picture of them.  

27. We also got a lot of travel gear, like air tags and a carry-on bag.

28. We’ve been watching a lot of youtube lately, mostly about cruising and travel.

29. We booked a cottage up north in August. We are planning a family trip with my husband’s side of the family to Jamaica to a resort. Excited. I’ve never been.

30. Went downtown to a Vegan restaurant called Planta with my daughter, then I got my ears pierced again after 37 years. One ear was still ok to push through so I got charged half price plus the earrings.

31. New Years’ Eve. This year went by quickly.

No comments: