1. We had a joint service with the Spanish and Mandarin sister churches that share our building. The preaching was in Mandarin, and translated into English and Spanish. Even the songs were sung in three languages. A foretaste of heaven. I wonder what language we’ll speak there? Finnish? Haha.
2. Labour Day; it doesn’t mean much to me since I’ve been off work for almost five years. Tidying up and preparing for school.
3. First day of JK for our grandson. They grow up so fast.
4. First day of teaching my granddaughter nursery school featuring the letter Aa, the number 1, the colour green, circles, and the story of the creation of the world. She’s easily distracted and so we’ll probably be doing a lot more learning through play. Also my mom and aunt came for the afternoon.
5. Chiro and massage.
6. Errands. Dinner at a Greek restaurant. Ordered the tiles for our master bathroom renovation.
7. My radio interview has aired. Here is the link. https://www.hopestreamradio.com/programs/author-interview Benaiah: Mighty Man of God by P.H. Thompson. It doesn’t sound terrible. He made me feel at ease.
8. Church. Our evening services started up again.
9. Home alone today as my husband is starting his next seminary course. Mostly getting ready for teaching school, Bible study, and the writer’s retreat.
10. More prep.
11. School day brought to you by the letter Bb, the number 2, the colour red, squares, and the story of the fall.
12. Back to leading women’s Precepts Bible studies, beginning in the book of Acts. Then heading to Guelph for a Christian writers’ retreat called Refocus which actually gives lots of time for writing.
13. I sold a few books I brought with me.
14. Coming home. It was a profitable weekend. I started working on my new novel, which is always exciting. I was on a roll since I had outlined and all I had to do was flesh out my scene cards. I finished 4-1/2 chapters and wrote 6000 words. I also had good feedback on my novel’s concept and first chapter at the critique corner. I had a good roommate, the food and fellowship was good. Hearing excerpts from everyone’s writing showed me there is a lot of great talent in the Christian Canadian world.
15. Church. I invited a few more people to my book signing at Chapters next week.
16. We’re improving our curb appeal by having our steps covered in stamped concrete. My husband started another course at seminary. Our renters are moving out.
17. School prep. Getting the word out about next Saturday’s book signing.
18. School day brought to you by the letter Cc, the number 3, triangles, the story of Cain and Abel, caterpillars, canoes, and Canada.
19. Scandal now because they discovered pictures of the Prime Minister in blackface. First of all, he should’ve known better. He was 29, and a high school teacher, setting an example to impressionable teens. Second, he knew about it all this time, but never brought it up because he was hoping it wouldn’t be discovered. Third, they will forgive him because he’s their man, and the media will help him spin it. Fourth, if it was anyone else in his caucus, he would have gotten rid of them right away. He is being hypocritical, just as he was when he was accused of groping a woman. He had his people hush it up, while he fired another member for a comment. Fifth, the media are trying to say there are factors to consider, whereas we know if it was the conservative leader, Andrew Scheer, he’d be calling for his resignation, citing this as proof of his racism.
20. Getting my things together for my book signing at Chapters tomorrow.
21. I had the book signing at Chapters. I had eighteen people come to see me; most were already at my book launch, but came to support me. I got 15 new signups for my author email list by having a draw for a $25 Chapters gift card. I sold four books, two to unbelievers. One is a Hindu lady, my pharmacist. The other saw my ad on facebook and came to buy a gift for a Christian friend of hers. My husband was there all day for support.
22. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! I just got an email invitation to be a guest on the 700 Club Canada to talk about my book! It will be recorded in November in St. Catherines. Of course I said yes, but I’m terrified. The radio interview was scary enough, but t.v? The daughter of a friend at church works for the person who decides who comes on the show. She had read my book and here we are!
23. Dental appointment.
25.School day brought to you by the letter Dd, the number four, the shape rectangle, and dragonflies. My granddaughter can hear a song once and remember it perfectly. On her first day of school, age 2-1/2 she already can recite the days of the week.
26. Bible study. Renovations starting on the master bathroom. Our renters have moved out and we rearranged the furniture that’s there.
27. My husband is going on a men’s retreat weekend, so I’m going to spend the night at my daughter’s so they can go see the Downton Abbey movie while I babysit.
28.Brunch with the family at Cannon, then driving home. Nap and salad from Freshii for dinner. I just discovered this restaurant and now I’m trying all their menu items.
29. I’m two weeks into a weight loss program called noom, which tracks calories and exercise. It is sustainable because its sensible. It doesn’t make sense to cut out an entire food group. So far I’ve lost seven pounds. Also, great news! A man was saved this morning at the mens' retreat.
30. Home day alone. I bought food, did laundry, went for a walk, napped, worked on my Bible study homework, and worked on my novel research, which is basically listening to sermons on the life of Joseph. Allistair Begg has about twenty sermons on it which I mostly listen to while I walk. Fascinating. I’m so excited for this project. Movie night at church, watching the movie Breakthrough with the women’s ministry group.