1. Finishing my message on Esther for Saturday. Reworking an old one.
2. Thinking about writing about my illness journey. Just read a very encouraging book called CFS Unravelled and his hypothesis about the cause of ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia seems plausible and the stories of people who’ve recovered, even after decades of illness is so encouraging. I have hope for the first time that I can recover and get my life back. Mark my words: this is the year I recover from my illnesses.
3. Our blue boxes (recycling) either blew away or were taken. Now I have to go and purchase new ones.
4. Women’s Ministry went well, but I crashed for a few hours afterward.
5. Church flanking nap.
6. Haircut and eyebrows waxed. Funny how just a little bit of grooming can make a person feel better.
7. Pain clinic, plus my mom is coming for dinner, which she offered to bring.
8. Working on writing today.
9. More writing.
10. Our daughter’s family are coming to spend the night so they can go on a date while we babysit. We’re giving our grandson a toddler drum set because he looooves drumming. I’ll post a picture, although the video is better.
11. My husband had a men’s ministry breakfast and then is prepping easy worship for tomorrow. Also starting on our income tax returns.
12. Our youngest has the end in sight for law school. She graduates June 9th, but finishes school in April. So proud of her.
13. Quiet day at home, reading my Bible and writing my summary of Joshua.
14. Pain clinic today, then my mom is sleeping over.
15. Visiting my daughter’s family today.
16. My youngest daughter who is in law school often goes to the law library at the university. There are sometimes non-law students who also go there. They refer to them as SNAILs, which means Student Not Actually in Law. So funny.
17. Happy St. Patrick’s Day to those who are Oirish, or wish they were.
18. Dinner party today. We’re doing a Raclette dinner party. It’s a Swiss cheese, but also a style of cooking. It’s an indoor grill so we prepped food and will sit around the grill and cook. Our menu includes seven proteins. We served three apps; Individual crudites and dip, crackers with goat cheese, and watermelon-feta-arugula skewers. Our mains; steak with Korean bbq sauce, chicken with Greek souvlaki seasoning and tzatziki sauce, honey garlic chicken, shrimp with cilantro and lime, scallops with wine-butter sauce and chives, Atlantic teriyaki salmon, Basa fillets with dill, parsley and lemon pepper. The sides were parboiled potatoes, mushrooms, bell peppers and red onion, bread, and cheese: Raclette, pepper raclette, cheddar, stilton bleu cheese, onion goat cheddar, herbed goat cheddar, Applewood smoked cheddar. And a light dessert of homemade lemon sorbet in lemon rinds. The most time consuming part was prepping the food the day before. My husband did the cooking. It was a lot of fun for the usual four couples.
19. Church today.
20. A quiet day at home, catching up with Bible reading. Yoga tonight. None last week because of March break.
21. Bible study, last lesson in Joshua. Pain clinic in the afternoon.
22. Ran a few errands, then recovering the rest of the evening. Terror attack in London today; five dead.
23. Chiropractor and massage today, then I went to pick up my grandson to stay over two nights.
24. Loved having my grandson over, although it wore me out. I took him to the mall for lunch and he loved seeing the garbage truck come by. The driver beeped and waved to him, which made his day. He also spent lots of time on the drums and watching shows. He speaks in full sentences, “I want to watch a show.”
25. Our granddaughter is rolling from her tummy to her back already at six weeks. I checked and apparently it usually happens at four months. Overachiever!
26. Today between services, we hosted some people from church for a meal. Thankfully I had enough time for a nap.
27. Quiet day at home. My husband is doing the taxes. I have yoga tonight. He has an executive meeting at TBS.
28. Busy day; Bible study where I’m doing the summary of the book of Joshua. Then out for lunch, then to the pain clinic for nerve block injections. Tonight is our church’s annual general meeting.
29. I have a Fibroscan of my liver this morning. It’s apparently a better test than an ultrasound, but it costs $60 out of pocket. What else is new?
30. We may rent out our basement apartment in the fall. Thinking about it. It’ll be an adjustment since we’ve had it empty for two years now and our life has spilled over into it. But it’s a young couple from church who are getting married in the fall and their condo won’t be ready for a year because of delays.
31. I’ve been sick with a sinus cold for a few days; something I haven’t had in years. Hard to sleep. Spending the day at home, reading and writing.