1. Baking Finnish gingersnaps with my mom and daughter. Had to go back to one of my pain clinics because they didn’t give me enough injections in my face and if I have this much pain already, I’ll be in agony for the next ten weeks.
2. New pain clinic today. Welcome to my life. Somewhat hopeful they can help because they offered nerve blocks starting in January.
3. Off to London for our Finnish side of the family’s Christmas celebration.
4. A nice time with the family, good food and kids got presents.
5. A quiet day at home; started my Christmas cards, but worn out from the weekend, so I had a nap.
6. Two appointments today; lots of pain.
7. Tried to buy a few Christmas presents and write a few cards today.
8. Re-do of some injections for my face, because he didn’t do it well enough last week.
9. My 22 month grandson saw his dad's rollerblades and called them truck shoes. Breakfast out with my daughters and grandson.
10. Christmas party for the worship team my husband is on at church. I brought dessert. They did Raclette, which is basically indoor grilling at the table where you cook your own food. It was delicious and we’ll probably do it at a future dinner party.
11. Church today, and our Christmas program this evening.
12. Chiropractor and massage today. Lots of snow as well. I can’t shovel snow anymore.
13. Just Bible study and shopping for fruit and vegetables. Wiped out afterwards, so I napped, then made Greek pasta salad for dinner.
14. Visiting my grandson today. He’s got a cough. He cheered up when he saw me. The only good thing about him when he’s sick, is he’s more cuddly.
15. Snow day. Well, it is snowing, and thankfully, I had no appointments. Besides, I’m extra exhausted from yesterday, and in pain because of the snow.
16. I’m still reading my Bible every day, and it looks like I’ll make it to the end of the year with my chronological Bible reading plan from Back to the Bible. I prefer the chronological approach, it makes more sense to read the books set during the exile rather than before the Psalms which David wrote. Maybe going to hang out for a while with the women from the Tuesday morning Bible study.
17. For Christmas I’m getting a John MacArthur study Bible, large print, NKJV. It’s also leather bound with my name embossed in the leather. How do I know? I asked for it, ordered it myself, and had my daughters pay me back for it. That’s what I prefer; I’m not one for surprises.
18. Church today.
19. My daughter’s friend is visiting for a few days. She’s from the Niagara region.
20. A Nutritionist appointment today. Feeling more brain foggy again. I can’t find my words.
21. Visiting my grandson.
22. My husband bought me an i-phone for Christmas. Just trying to learn how to use it.
23. It’s Christmas Eve eve. If you’re a Finn, it’s a thing. Got our last minute ingredients for our contributions to dinner this weekend.
24. It’s Finnish Christmas, and we’re eating at my sister’s house.
25. Merry Christmas! We’re eating at my mother-in-law’s house today. Our grandson seemed to get it, and loved opening gifts. We bought him an easel, a play tent, and many wooden puzzles and books. We also get him a Canada Savings Bond.
26. I feel like my brain fog is worse again. And my scalp is swollen, and I have more headaches and neurological symptoms.
27. My family are going out to a movie tonight, but I can’t handle the lights and noise, so I’m home alone.
28. Our youngest is going to Washington, D.C. for a few days. She wanted to go to Obama’s America while she could. Feeling very tired today.
29. Osteopath appointment.
30. Our Pastor and his wife are having an open house.
31. Last day of 2017. I’ve seen some improvements in my health. I hope I get better this year. I finished reading through the Bible.
3. 8:32 PM - 29 Jan 2016 · Details