Friday, April 24, 2009

Earth Day/Neo-Paganism

I can't believe the hype over Earth Day. Well, in a sense, yes, I can. They say that when Christianity is pushed out of a culture, it only takes one generation for paganism to step into the vacuum.
In public schools, children are taught to sing hymns in praise of Mother Earth, thanking her for providing for them. It's neo-paganism in cheap disguise.
As a Christian, I believe we should be good stewards of the planet, but I won't jump on every bandwagon to be politically correct (who decides that anyway?)
I also think we don't need to worry that we will somehow, inadvertently destroy the planet before its' time. God is sovereign, and the only global warming to be concerned about will be when "the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up." 2 Peter 3:10

No comments: