Saturday, April 25, 2009

Endings and Beginnings

April 25, 2009

Outside my window...we had a beautiful, hot day. 25C and sunny, which changed rather suddenly to dark clouds, heavy winds and a downpour. When the weather is unstable like this, I start looking for tornadoes.
I am thinking...why are there pet stories in the first ten minutes of the news? Is there nothing more important happening in the country or the world?
I am thankful for...my daughter's successful completion of her first year of university. We drove to Hamilton last night to help her move out of her dorm room.
From the kitchen...bbq chicken, roasted potatoes, stir fried vegetables and ice cream.
I am wearing...white capri pants, red tank top, and white gauzy blouse. I'm thinking "summer".
I am reading...Till We Reach Home by Lynn Austin, about Swedish immigrants, and The Secret Life of Becky Miller by Sharon Hinck.
I am hoping...that they find that kidnapped girl, Tori Stafford, safe and sound. The mom seems too calm to me. Something is suspicious about this case.
I am hearing...Murdoch Mysteries, set in Toronto 100 years ago.
Around the house...the contents of my daughter's dorm room were in my livingroom and took hours to clean up, especially since my daughter left to go to a Scott Mission Camp reunion today. She'll be back tomorrow after singing one final time until September at the church in Oakville. My youngest had a haircut and came home sobbbing at the result. We were able to salvage it, though. She is attending a friends' baptism tomorrow. My mother-in-law has to have a procedure done on Wednesday to correct a heart rhythm problem.
One of my favourite things...the feeling at the beginning of twelve days off. Did I mention that I loved my job?
A few plans for the week...church tomorrow, errands on Monday, visit to mother-in-law, pack, travel to San Antonio on Wednesday. We're planning to hear Max Lucado on the Sunday we're in Texas.

No comments: