Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Civic Holiday

August 4, 2009.

Outside my window...a warm, summer day.
I am thinking...if President Obama really was born in Hawaii, instead of Kenya, as some claim, why doesn't he just produce the birth certificate and end the speculation? He did promise "unprecedented transparency and accountability".
I am thankful for...my job. I know I've said that before, but I really do love it, even on busy nights.
From the kitchen...steak, buttered noodles(not for me), and grilled veggies.
I am wearing...white capri pants, a black and white top.
I am reading...The Justice Game by Randy Singer. It's a legal thriller about gun control, which I didn't think would be very interesting, but it is. He's called the Christian John Grisham. I've read all his books.
I am hoping...that I can arrange to be off for Carey. I don't know how I ran out of vacation days without realizing it. I may be aable to use some stats to get that week off, but I had hoped to be off the week before as well. I guess I'm getting spoiled with all this vacationing I've done this year.
I am hearing...Law and Order, the original series. I think it's the best one.
Around the house...we hired an unemployed man from our church to do some work on our yard. He started while my husband was still locked in at work. All our projects were on hold that month because of the strike. I think if the Mayor was planning all along to give them the store, he should have done it early and saved us all the grief of a strike. It was a bad deal and our taxes will go up, again, and there may be layoffs down the road. The union was feeling the lack of pay and many were crossing the line or getting close to it. The City should have held out at least another month, speaking as a taxpayer, not as a spouse directly affected by the strike.
One of my favourite things...long weekends. We went to the beach at Lake Simcoe on Saturday.
A few plans for the week...Weigh-in Tuesday morning at SUREslim. I've been going for a month and have made good progress so far. I'm working three nights this week. Our O.R. is closed this week, which may result in us being overstaffed. One of us may have to float to another unit to work. That's very stressful to be away from our home unit.

No comments: