Monday, April 11, 2011

Kody!


April 11, 2011.

Outside my window...a warm spring day, but very windy.
I am thinking...Kody, the puppy that belongs to my daughter's housemate, needs a home because her circumstances have changed. We are considering adopting him since he has already visited here twice and is familiar with us and the house. We've known him since he was a little puppy and we all love him. Even my Mom is okay with having a dog in the house. However, we know it's a huge responsibility financially, emotionally, and time wise. We also know we'll be giving up some freedom because we have to always think about getting home in time to let him out, and walk him a lot. So, in order to help us decide, we are looking after him for ten days. At that point we'll decide. Ashley dropped him off today with all his stuff, food and paperwork. It was hard for her to say goodbye, but at least if he's with us, she can still visit him. We have to decide between Kody forever, or Kody never again. He is a 17 week old Golden Retriever/Australian Shepherd mix. He looks more shepherd than anything else. He will be a big dog, but smaller than a German Shepherd. He will need to be neutered and sent to obedience school, but if we decide to keep him, we'll do whatever needs to be done.
I am thankful for...a successful fundraiser on Friday. The Music for Malawi concert met their target for purchasing instruments and equipment for evangelism. I had my twice yearly insomnia, and some relatives visiting from out of town, so I was awake for 34 hours straight. I was setting up for refreshments on Friday but I was functioning on auto pilot. It was nice, and they appreciated that I decorated the tables in the three colours of Malawi's flag. Then we had two couples stay overnight so that they wouldn't have to travel far on Friday. Then on Sunday, I finished my message on Eve. I still have to finish typing it in, though.
From the kitchen...bbq steak and a salad.
I am wearing...jeans, a blue floral top white sweater and spring jacket.
I am reading...Every Thought Captive by Richard L. Pratt Jr. for the adult class on Apologetics.
I am hoping...Kody will settle into a routine and not miss Ashley too much. It helps that my eldest is coming home tonight for the ten day trial because he knows her better.
I am hearing...one-sided phone conversations on the train.
Around the house...we ordered a runner for the hallway because someone said the dog's nails will chew up the hardwood. Sounds like we're keeping him, doesn't it? I had bloodwork done today. I was at the Doctor last Monday because I've had a cough for five weeks. I am on antibiotics and my cough is gone. However, I'm concerned about some other things, but I'll wait to see what the tests show. I'm sure it contributed to my insomnia. In the middle of the night, all worries are magnified. I had myself dead and buried already; (not for the first time). I always fear the worst. I tried to pray about it, but it's not easy for me. It's also not easy for my husband to live with a hypochondriac who works in an Oncology Hospital and hears everyone's stories. For all my worrying, I had not grown one inch by morning. :)
One of my favourite things...Kody. Yes, I love him. When I was three we had a German Shepherd named Wolf, but he was hit by a car and died. I always said if I ever got a dog, it would be a Shepherd, so he's perfect.
Some plans for the week...work three nights, get our paperwork in order for my husband to do our taxes (I love him), finish typing up my message, present it on Saturday morning, and have guests over Saturday night for dinner and a hot tub. If it's warm, we'll bbq.

No comments: