Monday, May 21, 2012

Victoria Day BBQ


Outside my window...beautiful, sunny Victoria Day.
I am thinking...I’m worried about my mom’s health. An ECG compared with a previous one showed she had a silent heart attack. Then this morning at four she called us on the phone because she was having a dizzy spell, which was her only symptom of heart issues. It gave us a scare.
I am hoping...to try a two day diet this week, recommended by someone who said it worked for them. I don’t usually go for fad diets, but this is just regular food, but only two days of next to no carbs. I’ll let you know.
I am thankful for...friends. We invited two couples and everyone clicked. It was a nice afternoon.
I am wearing... navy capris, a navy print top.
From the kitchen...greek bruschetta, eggplant , tomato and cheese, garlic shrimp, potato salad, chick pea, lime and cilantro salad, pasta salad, grilled veggies, corn on the cob with cilantro lime butter,steak, lemon herb chicken skewers, bbq chicken legs and thighs, strawberry shortcake, fruit platter, punch, coffee and tea. Yeah, even with sending food home with my guests, we have leftovers.
I am hearing...80’s weekend on the radio. I was happily in my time warp.
I am reading...Petra: City of Stone by T.L. Higley.
Around the house...I bought some potted flowers. That’s the extent of my gardening ability. It brightened up the place.
One of my favourite things...a house full of people.
Some plans for the week... Enjoy my long weekend. Work two nights. Host our guest speaker at church on Sunday.

No comments: