Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Trust and Obey

May 8, 2012

Outside my window...overcast, but warm.
I am thinking...I handed in a proposal on the weekend. As much as public speaking scares me, I want to grow. I need to "trust and obey, for there's no other way". I also think the topic would be good for this event. Now we wait.
I am hoping...to gather up the totals from three months of meticulous record-keeping and distil it into a workable family budget.
I am thankful for...the SGF Ladies' Retreat this past weekend. The topic was Joy. There were around 80 women present. I usually like to hear men sing, but this was beautiful.
I am wearing...black cargo pants and a green top.
From the kitchen...vegetarian chili, cheddar cheese and nachos.
I am hearing...the GO train. Did you know that I learned only recently that GO stands for Government of Ontario? Now you know, too.
I am reading...Heiress by Susan May Warren.
Around the house...my eldest had to get her police check done today for her summer job. My youngest is still waiting to hear when hers starts.
One of my favourite things...fresh herbs. I have basil, parsley and thyme. I'd still like to get cilantro, oregano and mint.
Some plans for the week...work four nights. Buy some gifts. Clean the house. Attend my sister's 50th birthday party Saturday night. Attend my daughter's church on Sunday morning and then go to her fiance's apartment for Mother's Day lunch and to meet his parents.

No comments: