1.If you could have a new talent what would it be?
I would like to learn to speak Spanish or German.
2. A friend is coming over to teach me how to do Power Point, and I will teach her how to crochet. Why does it make me feel old?
3. Was today typical? Why/Why not?
No, it wasn’t typical because I spent most of it at work, trying to get the paperwork filled out for my disability benefits. Not completed yet and they need to be in by the 15th. I'm worn out.
4. Who do you trust the most?
5. What’s your next major deadline? What is it for?Speaking at the SGF ladies’ retreat the first weekend in May. Please pray for me. Then May 31st. A guest column for Barnabas magazine. I don’t have a topic in mind yet.
6. What did you have for breakfast today?
The usual, a fried egg on toast, yogourt and coffee.
7. When is the last time you danced?
Our daughter’s wedding in October.
8. How did you add art to your life today?
I created homemade chicken noodle soup and BLT’s for dinner and I edited my message. I also crocheted a baby blanket for a friend.
9.Yay! I came up with a topic for Barnabas. I will take a section of my talk on Self-Control in relation to Thought Life, since it hasn’t been published. It will be entitled, Is a Mid-Life Crisis Real?
10. Today I am completing the million and one forms for long term disability as I’m at the three month mark already. Sending them off tomorrow, during the approaching winter storm, in Spring. L
11. List the people you live with.
Husband, youngest daughter, mother, and dog, Kody.
12. What is the next major purchase you need to make?
A dishwasher. We can only run ours at night because it’s as loud as a jet engine and we can’t hear anything else.
13. What did you forget?
To journal today. Haha.
14. What is your favorite TV show?
I’m kind of enjoying a show on BBC Canada on Thursday nights, called Death in Paradise, set on a Caribbean island with a transplanted stuffy British detective. It has a nice feel to it.
15. I have faith that I can complete my messages today. I am also doing another trial of tapering down the dose of my Lyrica. Today I’ve been off work three months. Three months! I just want to have my brain back and go back to work.
16. Who is the last person you kissed?
Silly question. My husband.
17. What did you wear today?
Jeans and a blue and green floral top.
18. What is testing you?
Trying to taper my meds. The alternate days with the higher dose I’m so unproductive. It’s frustrating when I have so much to do before the retreat.
19. What’s the oldest thing you’re wearing today?
My wedding rings. Twenty seven years old.
20. List 5 things you should have done today.
Balance my chequebook, clean my bathroom, review my messages, do the Power Point for my messages, sign up for a writer’s retreat.
21. Where did you spend the most time today?
Home and church. We had a Providential dinner after church. I brought honey garlic meatballs and mini banana cupcakes. No evening service tonight.
22. So excited. My childhood friend who painted the picture I posted earlier has agreed to do an artistic exchange. I will crochet her a colourful throw blanket and she will paint me a picture. I chose a photograph of my youngest daughter and me sitting on a dock talking. It looks like we’re having a heart to heart even though we were just talking about how cold the water was.
23. Were you creative today? How?
Thought up a new crocheting project; weaving a two colour scarf. Crocheting my current projects, and finishing the power point for the retreat.
24. So happy to hear from a woman from the first retreat. A few of them are coming to the next retreat. That’s so nice, and I missed them.
25. The funniest thing you heard today. Tim Hawkins youtube video of the names for different ways of raising your hands in church.
26. What is the last thing that made you cry?
Les Miserables, the movie. I was sobbing.
27. Today was tough because my mom called us at 7 a.m. to say she needed to go to the hospital, so we called 911. Thankfully, after a few tests they sent her home, apparently her heart is okay.
28. What did you read today?
Define “read”. I used the audio feature on my Kindle to read a book about Outlining a Novel. I’m usually what’s called a “pantser” meaning I fly by the seat of my pants and just write, so plotting is new to me, but even the general outlining is very helpful. I asked a few questions of my novel and found the main theme, the inciting incident and the darkest moment. I know where I’m going with it and can choose scenes based on the character arc, or how I want him to learn and grow. I’m so excited.
29. Where do you want to go next?
I’d like to go to the Canadian Christian Writer’s Conference in Guelph in June. It’s called Write! Canada and I’m trying to convince a friend to share a hotel room with me. I need to sign up by tomorrow if I’m going, to get the discount. It will be my birthday present.
30. Oh, and by the way, it’s my 49th birthday today. Happy Birthday to me. It’s easy to remember because it's the last day to get your taxes done.