1. Paperwork today. Dealing with disability and pension companies. Arrgh. Long nap this morning. Yoga tonight. Still sore from Monday’s class.
2. Pain clinic today.
3. Today marks my husband’s 19th year cancer-free. Praise God!
4. There was a bbq between services today.
5. Legit question: what do you do with old Bibles? We easily have 20 in the house, some are fallen apart; others are just versions that we don’t read that were received as gifts. What to do? I hate to throw them out, not because I worship the Bible, but because there are so many in the world desperate to have them who would love to have them.
6. Final Bible study in the book of Ruth.
7. Our granddaughter is sick today, not keeping her milk down. They took her to the ER, but she seemed to get better.
8. Got my once a year pedicure. I do the gel because it dries instantly so I can get out of there quickly.
9. Our daughter is graduating from Law School today. She made the Dean’s list as well.
10. My husband is busy sanding the deck with a power sander. I’m tired just watching him.
11. Such a good Sunday. I really appreciate our Pastor’s messages, especially the evening ones on the book of Daniel. You can check them out on our church’s webpage. Ajax Alliance Church.
12. A trip to Costco was all I could manage for the day. Yoga was thankfully easier tonight. Also it’s down to once a week only for the summer. I can handle that pace.
13. I presented the summary of Judges and Ruth and then they took me out for lunch to celebrate my belated birthday. They also gave me flowers and a nice card. So sweet. They seem to appreciate the lessons. Now we’re done till the fall. I appreciate the break. Then we’ll start on the book of Hebrews. Our daughter came to stay over with her kids. Our grandson ran through the sprinkler with my husband. Exhausting to have them, but lovely.
14. My grandson woke up at 5:30 after I only had 4-1/2 hours of sleep. I napped in the afternoon when they left.
15. Going to babysit so my daughter can take her husband out on a special date.
16. At my daughter’s for the day.
17. My husband’s birthday is today and father’s day is tomorrow. He always wants the same thing: steak and a chocolate cake. I also got him the newly released J.R.R. Tolkein book he asked for.
18. Father’s day. He truly is a great father. So glad we didn’t lose him 19 years ago.
19. Prepping for a hearing about my health on Tuesday by teleconference.
20. Pain clinic today; I now go every three weeks.
21. Hearing today with the Social Security Tribunal. Hard to say how these things go. I can only tell them the truth. It’s funny that when I’m applying for insurance, I’m too sick, and when I’m applying for benefits, I’m not sick enough. The guy seemed reasonable, but who knows? I’ll hear back in two months.
22. Happy to say that since I had genetic testing which targeted all my meds and supplements, I’ve decreased from 90 pills a day, yes, you read right, to 30 per day. I won’t complain about that. I was so tired of all.those.pills.
23. Our daughter is finished her BAR exams and has gone camping for a four day weekend with her law buddies. I’m going to babysit for other daughter so she can go to a wedding. Prepped my pills for the next two weeks. It’s easier this way. Doing my Bible study and Bible reading. I’m halfway through my Through-the-Bible chronological readings. I try to stay two weeks ahead because life happens and if I were to get behind, I’d likely quit because it’d be too hard to catch up.
24. Babysitting the grandkids so my daughter and son-in-law can go to a friend’s wedding. Staying over because my night vision is bad and I don’t trust myself to drive at night. I need to get back for church in the morning because it’s my turn to serve refreshments.
25. Another good day at church. It was also our last Sunday evening service till the fall. We had missionaries speak in the evening.
26. A quiet day of studying my Bible at home. My yoga class was cancelled tonight. Our daughter returned from camping.
27. Out for groceries with my husband.
28. Visiting my daughter’s family with my other daughter.
29. Chiro and massage today. The missionary family from Sunday night are coming over for dinner. We made them some Caribbean food since he’s from the Dominica. They have three young children. They’re here for only three months since she needs eye surgery.
30. Haircut and errands for the long weekend.