Monday, October 1, 2018

I'm getting published!



September Journaling

1.      Went to a Christian campground with a family from church. The men fished while the women rested. We’re both chronically ill.

2.      Church, then visiting my sister in law, who had a house fire in the basement apartment of her house. We took her out for lunch. They are in the process of cleanup from smoke and water damage.

3.      Labour Day. School prep, it starts on Thursday.

4.      Trying to make a decision about whether to self-publish or go traditional.

5.      Baked a Finnish apple cake. Delicious.

6.      First day of preschool with my grandson, brought to you be the number 11, the letter c, the sight word can, and the story of the lost sheep. Also beginning a unit on the five senses.

7.      Flying to the Soo for my aunt’s memorial.

8.      Good to see family and friends. Glad I came.

9.      Visited my dad’s grave site. It was so overgrown. Flew home.

10.   Crashed because of the weekend’s activities and the heavy rain today.

11.   Back to the Precepts Bible studies. Beginning in Haggai.

12.   School prep, shower, and travelling to Jordan Station for a friend’s 60th birthday party.

13.   School day, brought to you by the number 12, letter d, and the sense of sight. Also the Bible story of Jesus healing a blind man.

14.   Dinner party at a friend’s place.

15.   Baking for tomorrow. Also took a trip to Ribfest but didn’t stay as it was so hot and there was no shade to be found.

16.   Church. Also coffee time.

17.   Such a nice home day. I did my Bible study homework. No nap today. Made salsa. I hope I don’t pay for this radical behaviour tomorrow.

18.   Bible study and school prep.

19.   Chiro and massage, errands. Also signed the publishing contract. It’ll be ready in about six months. I’ll post a picture.

20.   School day, brought to you by the number 13, the letter e, and the sense of hearing. Also the Bible story of Jesus healing a deaf and mute man.

21.   Recovery day, also planted my bulbs for spring flowers. This evening is a fund raising dinner for the missions trip to Tenerife, Canary Islands by four couples in our church.

22.   Putting away lawn furniture. First day of fall.

23.   Church. Missions week.

24.   Dental appointment and nap.

25.   Presenting the summary of Haggai and then out for lunch with the ladies. Then had a 2-1/2 hour nap. Bad pain with the rain. Also started an author Facebook page. Look up P.H. Thompson, Author. About ninety likes.

26.   Attending an event at church. My husband’s seminary prof is teaching on Islam. It was well attended and he is very engaging.  I also prepped for school.  I started some diet pills today. I’ve gained thirty pounds since I got sick five years ago.

27.   School day, brought to you by the letter Ff, the number 14, a yellow star, patterns, and the sense of smell. I made about 20 little smelling containers for him to identify, which he loved. Also the Bible story of the wise and foolish builders. Chicken and mac and cheese for lunch, and lasagna for dinner.

28.   Pain clinic this morning. Long nap, as usual.

29.   Quiet Saturday, laundry and filling out medical forms for Monday.

30.   Church. Last day of Missions week.

No comments: