Sunday, September 2, 2018

Summer Fun


 August Journaling

1.      My husband is still on vacation so we went to Hamilton to see the grandkids. While there, my husband changed their three locks so they all use the same key. Our granddaughter was sick with a fever. My daughter baked individual peach pies with a crust I loved, which I don’t usually care for.

2.      Osteopath appointment, nap, dinner, and packing for Kingston.

3.      To Kingston with a couple from our old church. Checking out a few restaurants our daughter recommended from when she was there for law school. Gotta schedule in my nap time so I can cope.

4.      On the five-hour thousand islands cruise from Gananoque. We’ve done it before, years ago, but we’re doing it to spend time with friends and for their sake, since they haven’t seen it. They’ve made so many upgrades to Boldt castle, it’s so beautiful. Slept the whole way home. Also, after telling us about the over 200 shipwrecks, they went on to reassure us our boat was safe, all without a life jacket in sight.

5.      Church in Newcastle this morning, because of summer vacation. Nap, and then the grandkids arrive for four nights. Our daughter and son-in-law are travelling to Boston for a delayed fifth anniversary trip.

6.      Holiday Monday. We’re bbq-ing and my mom, sister, and nieces are coming over to play with the grandkids.

7.      I took my grandson to Jungle Cat World, a local zoo, which he loved.

8.      Rainy day, but the kids played in the kiddie pool anyway.

9.      Our daughter’s flight was delayed twelve hours and then flew to Hamilton instead of Toronto, so they’re picking the kids up tomorrow.

10.   Chiropractor and Costco. Nap and dinner.

11.   A beautiful summer Saturday at home.

12.   Church.

13.   Home day.

14.   Facial injections for pain, worn out, three hour nap.

15.   Massage, followed by a three hour nap. While you may think that sounds nice, I wish I had energy to live life like I used to.

16.   Packing for the Carey Conference this weekend. It’s our 25th time, but Carey itself is 40 years old.

17.   Baking my blueberry pies, packing, prepping pills.

18.   First day of Carey, exhausting because of setting up the trailer, then shopping.

19.   This week in a trailer makes me see I could never live in a tiny house.

20.   Wow! I’d forgotten what a good preacher Don Carson is. He is one of the best theologians of our day, but also a great communicator.

21.   My husband got to go to a small group of pastors, elders, and seminarians to ask Don Carson questions. I slept three hours. So much rain.

22.   Today was our only busy day. We hosted a couple for lunch, napped, hosted a couple for supper, took in two services, then hosted two couples for a campfire.

23.   Daily long naps, and also went into town to have lunch with friends. So different to be here without kids.

24.   Home after stopping by London to visit my aunt and cousin. My aunt has been widowed a year now. She went to Finland for a long visit, which really energized her.

25.   Laundry day. Everything was so musty.

26.   Our youngest daughter is 26 today. That means it’s her champagne birthday. She’s away on a bachelorette weekend for one of the three weddings she is in this year. One down, two to go. We also are going to visit our other daughter and bring my mother in law to see their first home, which she generously helped them get.

27.   Booked my flight for my aunt’s memorial service. My mom and aunt are driving, but it would be too much for me to sit that long. I used aeroplan miles.

28.   Pain clinic, then a bbq at WINGS maternity home, which is closing.

29.   School prep.

30.   We thought our air conditioning was broken, but it was just shorted out, so my husband was able to fix it. It’s so muggy.

31.   Farm day with grandkids. They loved feeding the chickens and goats.

No comments: