Monday, September 13, 2010

Nonsense begets Nonsense


September 13, 2010.

Outside my window...a refreshing fall day. Sunny after the overnight rain. I went to Curves and then walked home.
I am thinking...while I disagree with the proposed Qu-ran burning this past weekend, I think some churches went overboard by planning to read portions of the Qu-ran in their church service. They've just shown what they really believe and have undermined the authority of Scripture. The original stunt was just that, and it was wrong because we are not to offend for the sake of offending, but if someone is offended by the gospel, that we'll bear. Both acts are non-sensical and neither one promotes the gospel, but instead gives the enemies of the gospel more ammunition. It's one thing for this pastor to risk his own life because of his actions, it's another to do something that will endanger fellow believers in countries where they are the minority. It's true that they don't need an excuse, but they'll still jump on this as an example of how Muslims are victims, which they're not.
I am thankful for...my Mom's safe return from Finland and the uncomplicated surgery of our Pastor's wife.
From the kitchen...chicken souvlaki, rice and baby carrots.
I am wearing...jeans, a purple long-sleeved top, and a beige jacket.
I am reading...Playing God by Michelle McKinney Hammond.
I am hoping...that we will have a smooth transition to move my Mom's stuff downstairs. They're almost done and we started cleaning up yesterday.
I am hearing...the ticking clock. I went to the audiology appointment about my hearing loss. They said my hearing was within normal range. Maybe so, but it may have been exceptional before. There's a definite change, my family notices it, too. My husband thinks it's stress. I've had dull headaches and hearing loss for two months, which is as long as the reno has been going on. I don't feel like I'm under stress, but then I internalize it and maybe that's all there is. Anyway, I have an MRI of the brain on Saturday morning, so they can tell me if there's any concern there.
Around the house...we had the garage doors, front door and pillars painted. The doors are a greyish blue and the pillars are beige. I like it. Our daughters are getting into the routine of university life.
One of my favourite things...the smell of cedar. When the electrician came this weekend to set up the sauna heater, he tested it. We could smell the cedar upstairs. Lovely.
Some plans for the week...work three nights, work out three times, clean the basement, move my Mom in, sort through all the junk in storage, attend the Providential dinner at church.

No comments: