Monday, January 17, 2011

Europe!

January 17, 2011.

Outside my window...dark, cold, lots of snow.
I am thinking...I'm soooooooo excited. We booked our trip to Europe for this July, to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. It'll be 21 days, ten countries, 27 cities. We'll be doing a bus tour, but going by train in the Chunnel to the continent. We have a direct flight to London and also from Paris when we return. The cities we'll be travelling to are London, Amsterdam, Cologne, Rhine Valley, Heidelberg, Strasbourg,Lucerne, Liechtenstein, Innsbruck, Venice, Rome, Isle of Capri, Sorrento, Pompeii, Monte Cassino, Assisi, Florence, Pisa, Nice, Cannes, St. Paul de Vence, Avignon,Lyon, Beaune,Paris, Vimy Ridge, Dover. I know it'll be exhausting, but it's a once-in-a-lifetime trip and we might as well do it while we have the energy to do so. If we calculated correctly, we'll be in Venice, Italy on our actual anniversary. So romantic.
I am thankful for...being able to keep up with my Bible reading of five chapters a day, thus far. I'm really enjoying it, too.
From the kitchen...chicken, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy and corn.
I am wearing...purple work out pants, a blue top. I know they don't match but, hey, I'm just heading to work where I'll wear a uniform.
I am reading...Blind Dates Can Be Murder by Mindy Starns Clark.
I am hoping...my husband and I will get an opportunity to visit John this week. He was supposed to be transferred to my hospital yesterday, but then he had to have another brain surgery to insert a shunt to drain fluid from off his brain. After a week of healing, they hope to send him to us for radiation.
I am hearing...the train. Have I mentioned before how much I enjoy the GO train?
Around the house...I finished my message on Ruth for the Ladies' Meeting, and then I kept going and finished the one on Bathsheba as well. Last night I did the crazy Finn thing: I heated up in the sauna, rolled in the snow in my bathing suit, and then warmed up in the hot tub. I had witnesses and this morning there was still evidence of my snow angel.
One of my favourite things...pajama days. I had one on Saturday and ended up being very productive. Everyone needs one of those once in a while.
Some plans for the week...work three nights. Work out again on Friday. My eldest is home this weekend. I may go downtown to see my cousin's daughter, who is here from Finland for a gymnastics competition.

No comments: