Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day


May 10, 2011.

Outside my window...a beautiful Spring day. It's supposed to be sunny and up to 20C this week.
I am thinking...this past weekend was nice. We had both girls at home. After church, we went to a restaurant for brunch, with both grandmothers, and then our family went for a walk at a nearby conservation area and took pictures. It was our puppy's first time there, and he loved all the new things to explore.
I am thankful for...the card my youngest daughter gave me. I have to write it verbatim. So sweet. "Hola Mama! Happy Mother's Day! I just wanted to let you know how much I love you, and thank you for everything you do. (That was an ugly sentence, sorry). But seriously, thanks for paying my phone bill and drinking fair trade coffee; driving me to the train station and putting up with my cheesecake-esque personality; editing my essays and taking me to San Diego; shopping with me(even though I'm super picky), and listening to me when I complain about school; watching Secret Millionaire and Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (and crying profusely); and listening to me as I lament over the plight of this world; buying me books and waking up so that I can go back to sleep after being up at 6 with the dog; paying for my train tickets and watching Cupcake Wars with me; baking shortbread cookies at Christmas and having patience with my messy tendencies; having insightful conversations about politics, and giving me random high fives; and SO MUCH MORE! You're the best mom anyone could ask for and I love you so much! Leah
From the kitchen...dinner by my youngest daughter: chicken breasts with a mushroom and cream sauce, with pasta and corn. Always better when someone else does the cooking.
I am wearing...jeans, a burgundy top and cardigan.
I am reading...The Lightkeeper's Ball by Colleen Coble.
I am hoping...the dog will behave. He seems to have a few tantrums these days. I heard the sixth month is equivalent to rebellious teen years. Oh great! I didn't even have to deal with those with my kids.
I am hearing...classical music and conversations in the Doctor's office waiting room.
Around the house...Spring cleaning this weekend. Our garage is half full of boxes that haven't been emptied, and we moved in over a year ago. My eldest has started seeing a young man from her church. We met him a few weeks ago. Nothing serious. They're just seeing where it goes. I'm happy he's a believer, and works in her church.
One of my favourite things...celebrations. Birthday last week, Mother's day this week.
Some plans for the week...yesterday I was at a Clinical Skills day. It was strange to be at work in the day. The whole evening I couldn't seem to get up off the couch. I was exhausted. Now I'm working two more nights. We may start looking for a new vehicle. This one is beginning to cost too much to repair. As I said, Spring cleaning on Saturday, and then a luncheon at church on Sunday.

1 comment:

Cecelia Dowdy said...

All of your celebrations sound wonderful! I hope you have a blessed week!