Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Another New Year


 January Journaling

1.      Started the New Year with our traditional hot tub and mimosas. My days of rolling in the snow are over. I wouldn’t be able to get up fast enough. Since I completed my Bible reading for the year, I started again. I like the chronological reading system. I’m also accompanying it with Matthew Henry’s commentary. I also started a bullet journaling system for things like gratitude, events, finances, projects, goals, and ideas. Then I tidied up one room just a bit and took a nap.

2.      Women’s ministry meeting at my home. Bad pain day. The cold is as bad a trigger as rain for me.

3.      Chiropractor appointment.

4.      Massage appointment.

5.      Pain clinic for nerve block injections to my back. Checked out a new restaurant called The Captain’s Boil.

6.      Home day.

7.      Church today. Long nap, and prepping for school tomorrow.

8.      School day. I started to teach my grandson computer skills.

9.      I tried to make a better dinner; homemade pizza and a southwest salad with green goddess dressing, but I was on the couch in pain for my troubles.

10.   Home day, and paid the mortgage. Thankful for a steady paycheque for my husband.

11.   Went shopping for some clothes for myself. My daughter is good to take along, as she gives sound advice. Started on a new program called Plexus, which is probiotics to heal my gut and hopefully help me lose some of this weight. I’ve gained 30 kg since I got sick. It doesn’t help that I can’t exercise since I have PEM or post exertional malaise from my M.E.

12.   Picking up a few things for the women’s ministry breakfast tomorrow.

13.   Women’s ministry breakfast with a speaker from a local crisis pregnancy centre.

14.   Church today. Thankful for our Pastor’s faithful preaching.

15.   School day, on my own, as my mom is in London. Exhausting.

16.   Bible study, very in depth. Then a few errands and a nap.

17.   Had to go to Costco, but otherwise at home.

18.   Home day, working on my Bible study homework. My husband starts his Seminary course tonight and my daughter is going out for dinner with friends. I always think I’ll enjoy being alone more than I do. I miss my family.

19.   School prep.

20.   My husband bought groceries with me, then I made a Thai shrimp soup for dinner. It was very good.

21.   Shrimp and cilantro rice, with okra and tomato side dish. Delish.

22.   Home day. School switched to Thursday this week.

23.   Bible study, then buying boots for my granddaughter.

24.   Babysitting.

25.   School day, alone again. My mom has appointments.

26.   Pain clinic, then having old friends for dinner.

27.   Quiet day, leftovers.

28.   Church.

29.   School day, with my mom. She made Finnish food for dinner. Comfort food.

30.   Bible study.

31.   Doctor’s appointment to fill out more forms.

No comments: