Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Journalling Template

This idea for journalling in your blog comes from The Simple Woman.(see http://www.thesimplewoman.blogspot.com)
It recommends a series of sentence starters that you can fill in whenever you want to do some journalling. This gives a snapshot of your day or week. I've given the example I wrote today.

September 9, 2008.

Outside my window...the leaves on the Japanese maple are beginning to change colour. It's going to rain.
I am thinking...of clearing a few more books off my shelf to make room for more, but this is hard for me.
I am thankful...that my daughter is settling into dorm life at university.
From the kitchen...we are having a chicken/sausage/pasta casserole and salad for supper.
I am wearing...my pajamas, drinking my "morning" coffee at 3:30 in the afternoon (aah, shift work, there's no life like it), and contemplating my shower.
I am reading..."Let's Roll", by Lisa Beamer, the widow of 9-11 hero, Todd Beamer.
I am hoping...tonight won't be too busy at work.
I am hearing..."I second that emotion" by Smokey Robinson.
Around the house...I'm all alone, except for Oleksandr the goldfish. My husband, daughter and Mom are on their way home. My house is actually still tidy!
One of my favourite things...is reading by a lake.
A few plans for the week...Finish my four 12-hour night shifts, bake a blueberry pie (with Northern blueberries, Yum!) as a gift for our friend who will have his 50th birthday party on Saturday.

No comments: