Sunday, September 28, 2008

Recovered and Running

Sept. 27, 2008

Outside my window...our neighbours put in new windows. Almost all of the houses on our street (1950's bundgalows) have been upgraded now.
I am thinking...that it'll be nice to see some friends tonight at their church when we return their daughter to them.
I am thankful...that I'm not sick anymore, and that I have a job that pays 100% sick pay. It's one less thing to worry about.
From the kitchen...a Providential dinner at church (a.k.a. Potluck). Always an international affair.
I am wearing...my church clothes; a black leather skirt and a black and purple blouse.
I am reading...Lucky by Alice Sebold. Rather disturbing. She recounts her rape when she was a college freshman, and its' aftermath. Like I wasn't already worried about my daughter living on campus.
I am hoping...to keep my house clean until next weekend. I know, fat chance.
I am hearing...You Don't Know Me, by Michael Buble.
Around the house...if it doesn't rain tomorrow morning, I'll plant my tulip bulbs so they'll pop up in the spring.
One of my favourite things...soaking up the sun under a palm tree, or rather, near one. Palm trees just say, 'tropical getaway' to me.
Some plans for the week...work four nights, hardly sleep on Friday, go to a Baptist Conference on Friday and Saturday, entertain friends from out of town for the weekend, see my oldest daughter in passing. When I'm exhausted or frazzled, remind myself that life is short, and is made up of moments like this with friends and family.

No comments: