Sunday, September 14, 2008

This Too Shall Pass

Sept. 13, 2008

Outside my window...it's raining, and starting to get dark earlier. Where did the summer go?
I am thinking...whatever possessed my oldest daughter to get a nose ring? The steam's still coming out of my ears.
I am thankful...for my Mom's help. She brings our daughter to school, does our laundry, and cooks dinner a few times a week; like today!
From the kitchen...roast beef, potatoes, gravy and veggies. Yum!
I am wearing...my church clothes. A navy print skirt and a white top.
I am reading...All She Ever Wanted, by Lynn Austin.
I am hoping...to learn not to freak out over things that aren't permanent, like nose rings.
I am hearing...the rain, and Eleanor, by Low Millions.
Around the house...my youngest daughter has a cold, my husband is watching a space movie, and I'm repairing a hem on my daughter's sweater. A showcase of my domestic abilities--a rare occurrence.
One of my favourite things...baby back ribs.
A few plans for the week...Go for a walk at least three times this week. Get a haircut. Complete the financial statement for the Carey Conference (Ugh!) Clean the house. Put away my summer clothes. Write. Oh, yeah, and work.

No comments: