Monday, September 22, 2008

Under the Weather

Sept. 22, 2008

Outside my window...it's the first day of fall, although it's a nice, warm day.
I am thinking...that I hate being sick. I'm sick so rarely, that when I am, I'm quite offended by the idea.
I am thankful for...spending the past weekend with my family. My oldest daughter came home from university for a visit, to celebrate her sister's birthday. I got my first look at her nose ring. I'm glad she didn't get a tattoo, but I still hope she'll let it grow over.
From the kitchen...stuffed mushroom caps, chicken and lamb souvlaki, corn on the cob, sliced cucumber, and apple pie with crumble topping. Life is good.
I am wearing...sweats and a NAVY t-shirt. What? I'm sick.
I am reading...Faithful God, An exposition of the book of Ruth, by Sinclair Ferguson. It's amazing how much you can learn about Scripture that's new, no matter how often you hear or read it.
I am hoping...to be well enough to go to work tomorrow night.
I am hearing...The Remedy by Jason Mraz.
Around the house...I just 'inherited' my daughter's I-POD, since she got a new one. I didn't think I'd have a use for it, but I quite like it.
One of my favourite things...watching soccer with my favourite guy (my husband), on the big screen, although a live game is always better.
A few plans for the week...work, hopefully. Pick up my daughter's best friend from the train station on Friday evening. Plant tulip bulbs on Saturday.

No comments: