Thursday, November 13, 2008

Double-Booked

Nov. 13, 2008

Outside my window...the leaves are off the trees, but it's still relatively mild for November in Canada.
I am thinking...that I can't believe I booked myself to host two events on the same day next month. We'll have the men of our church over for a Mens' Breakfast, then that evening, we offered to host the Annual Deacons and Wives' Dinner Party. I could try to change the dinner party, but I've decided to rise to the challenge and cope, instead. Life is about events like this.
I am thankful...for stable jobs (as much as can be expected) during a Recession. Am I allowed to use that word?
From the kitchen...chili with cheese and bread.
I am wearing...jeans and a blue v-neck top.
I am reading...Rekindled by Tamera Alexander, about a Christian married couple whose marriage gets tested by fire and comes out as gold.
I am hoping...to get my Christmas letter drafted this week. That's always a big project, along with Christmas cards. I also need to plan my menu for that upcoming dinner party. I'm thinking salmon.
I am hearing...the sounds of the dishwasher. I love not having to wash dishes.:)
Around the house...we had to buy four new tires for the van, but at least there are no payments on the van, itself.
One of my favourite things...coffee.
Some plans for the week...buy a few Christmas presents. Go out on Friday night to finally, hopefully buy those bookshelves. Check out the bankruptcy sale at the Christian bookstore. That's my idea of a date!

No comments: