Sunday, February 8, 2009

50 Random Things About Me

1. I think submarines are the coolest things ever invented (the boats, not the sandwiches).
2. I hate flying.
3. I started a blog in July.
4. I love my job as an oncology nurse even though I work full time nights.
5. I eat an egg every day.
6. I met my husband in a hospital. (No, he wasn’t a patient. He was in housekeeping, and he swept me off my feet).
7. I once stowed away on a ferry between Finland and Sweden.
8. I would love to go to Papua New Guinea one day.
9. My first job was in a convenience store, making $2.15 per hour.
10. I would love to write for a living. I currently have seven stories in the works.
11. I was on the chess club in public school. I know, “Nerd Alert!” Now I hardly remember how to play.
12. I don’t like to play many sports. Like most girls, I only pretended to like sports, to meet guys.
13. I’m a bit of a princess, but my husband helps keep me that way by buying me roses every Friday. Okay, so I was one before I met him, but now I have no reason to change.
14. I could leave winter and never miss it.
15. I would love to learn Spanish, German, scuba diving, sign language, and archery.
16. I am a bookaholic.
17. I can be stubborn (that’s a Finnish trait).
18. I drank coffee every day since I was five (except when I was pregnant). It’s best not to talk to me until I’ve had two cups.
19. My favourite meal is steak and lobster, but my favourite comfort food is ribs and hassleback potatoes.
20. I love to watch soccer, especially English Premier League and German Bundesliga. (Aston Villa and Bayern Munich are my favourite teams).
21. I take a while to learn new things, especially technology.
22. I hate talking on the phone, and I never want to buy a cell phone, because of Number 17, 21 and 22.
23. The first impression people get of me is that I’m aloof or snobbish, but really, I’m just shy and not good with small talk.
24. I was born in Finland and am fluent in Finnish.
25. Growing up, I took lessons in rhythmic gymnastics, jazz dancing, square dancing (really), and badminton. I can't play any musical instruments, though.
26. I'm not a social hugger. Forced hugs make me uncomfortable.
27. I love Jane Austen books and movies, or movies in that time period.
28. I don't care for modern chick flicks.
29. I love war movies, especially submarine movies.
30. I like to read military history, biographies, missionary adventures, submarine technothrillers, systematic theology, inspirational romance and Christian thrillers. Pretty eclectic, eh?
31. When something interests me, I'll obsess about it for a few years, and then I'll move on to something else.
32. I have no tattoos or piercings.
33. I am a Top Reviewer on chapters.ca
34. I like camping, as long as I don't forget anything.
35. I respect the ocean. It both fascinates and scares me.
36. I can crochet, but I can't knit.
37. I've concluded from personal experience that pain from kidney stones is DEFINITELY worse than natural childbirth.
38. I love German Shepherds. I hope to have one again, someday.
39. I plan to semi-retire at age 55. Ten years to go!
40. I watch too much soccer. I know the names of the referees and can tell which players have had a recent haircut.
41. I haven't been back to Finland in 32 years.
42. I am not the least bit handy. I would be lost without my husband.
43. I am a list maker and I like to plan things.
44. I don't handle it well when things don't go according to plan.
45. I don't like to be tickled.
46. My stories are my babies. I love them each for different reasons.
47. I'm proud of my daughters.
48. I went to the same public school and highschool as Ken Danby (a famous Canadian artist who died recently). It didn't confer any artistic ability onto me.
49. I have the most romantic and caring husband. He's too good for the likes of me.
50. I am a born-again Christian (Baptist, Calvinist).

No comments: