Sunday, February 22, 2009

Oooh, Technology!

Feb. 22, 2009.

Outside my window…a light snowfall. Same old, same old.
I am thinking…that the challenge of making a Bucket List (things you want to do before you kick the bucket), wasn’t so hard. It only took me about ten minutes. I think I know what I want in life. Hopefully, it’s in line with what God wants. It also presupposes a regular life span. Two quotes come to mind: “We are immortal until our work is done,”
and “Only one life, ‘twill soon be past. Only what’s done for Christ will last.”
I am thankful…that the weekend has arrived. I had such a busy week at work, our dryer died and needed to be replaced (which my mom insisted on buying), and the bank messed us up on something. We had to go in and sign more papers before I went to work on Thursday, so we could fix it. I feel especially tired and even a little depressed, although I can’t put a finger on a reason for my blues. I know that in spite of those things, I should be thankful. To look at those things from another perspective: my work week ended, our dryer is being replaced at no cost to us, and we were able to fix the problem at the bank. Not only that, but we are going to Mexico in less than two weeks! Life is good, I just forget sometimes.
From the kitchen…ham, perogies, carrots, ice cream.
I am wearing…a navy skirt, a white blouse and a pink jacket.
I am reading…Remembered, by Tamera Alexander; the third in a historical romance series.
I am hoping…that we can figure out a way to convert the video we made into a usable format. We bought the conversion software, but it’s not working so far.
I am hearing…a soccer game. I love our PVR. I can record any game that’s on and watch it when it suits me. I used to spend Saturday mornings in front of the T.V., at the expense of my housework and errands, but now I can get things done and watch the games at a more convenient time. At this point, my kids would tease me, and say, “Oooh, technology!” Well, I am impressed by it!
Around the house…my eldest is back from her missions trip to Scotland, my youngest is doing her homework, my Mom is doing the laundry and hanging the clothes up around the house to dry the old fashioned way, and my husband and I are relaxing. If you’re wondering why my Mom’s doing our laundry, it’s because she insists. It gives her something to do, so she says. In fact, she doesn’t want us in there. It’s her turf. She’s set in her ways. We know better than to get in the way of a stubborn Finnish woman!
One of my favourite things…touring a warship. I’ve been on HMCS Fredericton and HMCS Halifax. On “Freddy”, I got to go below decks and see how the sailors really live. It was cool.
A few plans for the week…Purchase the things I need for the dinner after my daughter’s baptism next week. We’ll have about thirty guests. I also need to purchase last minute items for our trip. Only eleven more sleeps!

No comments: