Friday, May 29, 2009

Retreats and Reality

May 29,2009

Outside my window...the day started out foggy and cool, turned sunny and warm, and now is rainy.
I am thinking...that it was very rude and low class that those comments were made in jest in Canada about assassinating Obama, but I wonder where those same people were when a movie was made about assassinating George Bush. Seems like a double standard happening here.
I am thankful for...a good weekend at the youth retreat. Steve West preached from Ephesians, the food was good, the weather was great, the games were fun, and there were no significant problems.
From the kitchen...fresh Atlantic salmon, potato salad, corn on the cob, strawberries and mangoes. Yummmmmm.
I am wearing...jeans and a new black and white print sleeveless top.
I am reading...The Longing Season by Christine Schaub about the love story between John Newton and Mary Catlett.
I am hoping...that they find little Tory Stafford's body. What a tragic end to that kidnapping.
I am hearing...a movie about diving for buried treasure. It's pretty lame.
Around the house...I shopped with my eldest today, and bought her a jacket and a waffle iron.
One of my favourite things...a clean house.
A few plans for the week...I'm planning to go to the Science Centre tomorrow morning, with my daughters. It's featuring the Science of Spying, and I'm hoping to learn some new things that I can use in my stories.

No comments: