Monday, May 18, 2009

Surprises

May 18, 2009

Outside my window...a sunny, but cool day. We got a lot of yard work done today.
I am thinking...that no one is more surprised than me that the on-line registrations for Carey Conference are going so smoothly. I was very skeptical and I'm amazed at how all the info I need gets bumped into the appropriate lists. Also, many of the people who are usually last-minute registrants are now the first. I'm sorry I was so obstinate. It really is an improvement, and whoever takes over from us will have it so much easier.
I am thankful for...our delayed Mother's Day dinner at Memories of Japan. It's one of my favourite restaurants. They cook at your table, the price is reasonable, and the food is tasty and fresh.
From the kitchen...homemade burgers from the BBQ.
I am wearing...beige capris and a brown and white top.
I am reading...Consent to Kill by Vince Flynn. It's a political thriller about a CIA assassin whose family gets caught in the crossfire.
I am hoping...this is a true end to the civil war in Sri Lanka.
I am hearing...the Bachelorette. It's mindless I know, and I'll probably only see this first episode where they introduce the 25 men. This time the Bachelorette is a Canadian.
Around the house...my oldest daughter tried to do a temporary hair colour and it turned purplish instead. Surprise! Last time it was greenish. I guess she'll learn after the third attempt.
One of my favourite things...a live soccer game. We've only been able to secure one set of tickets to a TFC game this summer. They're more popular than expected, and sell out right away. They should have built a bigger stadium.
A few plans for the week...work three nights, go to the Sovereign Grace youth retreat next weekend.We're bringing nine from our church, which I think is a record. I'll be renting a car. We're also bringing along a potential replacement for ourselves. We've been youth leaders for 25 years, since we were dating, and we're getting too old for this. The thing I'm looking forward to, other than the excellent preaching of Steve West, is seeing our friends again, who are youth leaders from Trinity Baptist Church.

No comments: