Wednesday, July 28, 2010

There are Tattoos and then there are Tattoos

July 28, 2010.

Outside my window...a humid summer day. Supposed to reach 40C with humidity. Possible thunderstorm. Yesterday was a beach day. So relaxing.
I am thinking...I just found out my niece got a tattoo. She's 18. So disappointing, since she is a Christian. What is the attraction of tattoos? I just don't get it. It's permanent. The whole thing is so short-sighted and she will soon regret getting it, as most people do. Here is an example of one of her first independent decisions. See my blog on tattoos under the heading, Much Ado About Nothing. "You are not your own. You are bought with a price, therefore glorify God in your bodies."
I am thankful for...24 years of marriage. Significant in itself these days, but more so because we're actually happily married, not just co-existing. I have a husband who loves me sacrificially, and shows his love to me every day, not just on anniversaries and on Valentine's Day. I'm so thankful to God for him.
From the kitchen...grilled steak, Greek salad, corn on the cob.
I am wearing...jean capri pants and my TFC team shirt.
I am reading...Don't Take Any Wooden Nickels by Mindy Starns Clark.
I am hoping...for at least one more beach day this week.
I am hearing...the sounds of the renovation in the basement.
Around the house...drywall dust everywhere. We really should have the a.c. on because of the humidity, but we need to air the house out. It's hard to breathe with the dust. Generally, life is good, and at least we're not at work. Still one week left of our stay-cation.
One of my favourite things...beach days.
Some plans for the week...don't know. We're making it up as we go along. Today we're doing stuff around the house, but we may go to the beach tomorrow or Friday, then we're going to check out the churches our children attend, this weekend, and then friends will come over on the civic holiday, Monday. We just had a romantic weekend in Kingston, Ontario. We went on a dinner cruise and saw a Military Tattoo (show) celebrating 100 years of the Canadian Navy (go NAVY!) We also saw the burial site of Sir John A. MacDonald (Canada's first Prime Minister), and we ate out a lot. I'd like to get some writing done this week, and some cleaning and organizing.

No comments: