Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Stay-Cation

July 21, 2010.

Outside my window...a beautiful summer day, after a thunderstorm this morning.
I am thinking...our stay-cation is going well. Yesterday we went to the ROM to see the Chinese Terracotta Warriors exhibit. Then we ate at Big Daddy's crab shack for an amazing seafood dinner. Then we went for a walk along the Toronto boardwalk.
I am thankful for...the fact that we can actually, seriously consider planning a European vacation for our 25th anniversary next year. To think that we can afford it, first of all, and that we can see places we've only heard about, like London, Paris, Rome, Nice, Pisa, and Amsterdam, among others, is amazing. I feel so blessed.
From the kitchen...honey garlic chicken breasts, grilled veggies, scalloped white and sweet potatoes, wild blueberry pie and ice cream.
I am wearing...white capri pants, a navy floral tank top. I bought some new summer clothes and shoes this week.
I am reading...Don't Take Any Wooden Nickels, by Mindy Starns Clark.
I am hoping...we can accomplish all that we planned in these few weeks.
I am hearing...a dumb movie. Our friends had to cancel their dinner plans.
Around the house...the renovations are coming along. We ordered a sauna heater this week. Our girls are busy working and choosing their courses for university. My husband and I are enjoying our stay-cation. Last Saturday we had a beach day with my husband's side of the family.
One of my favourite things...spending time with my husband. We've had breakfast dates, dinners out and movie nights.
Some plans for the week...clean out junk, clean the house, go to Kingston for the weekend. We have tickets to a Military Tattoo. Then, on Sunday, we'll visit our sister church in Belleville and then take their Pastor and his wife out for dinner

No comments: