Monday, November 15, 2010

NaNo No Mo?

November 15, 2010.

Outside my window...darkness. It's been relatively mild for November; even pleasant and sunny during the day so it's not so depressing for us solar-powered people.
I am thinking...so I hit a wall with my NaNo novel. Not a writer's block, because I still have plenty to say, but I've run out of hours in a day. I suppose it didn't help that I chose this past week to paint the guest room. It needed to be done, but I'm only one woman. Maybe I can get some writing in during our travel time to Ottawa this weekend. It's five hours one way. I like the concept of NaNo, but I just can't keep up with the daily word counts in the busy month of November.
I am thankful for...the sacrifices of those who fought and died for our freedom, including my grandfather who fought in the trenches during the Winter War against the Russians. Because of that, I was born into a free and independent country (Finland). It was Remembrance Day this week, and our eldest sang the National Anthem at the service held at the Scott Mission Camp, honouring homeless vets.
From the kitchen...spaghetti a la carbonara and salad.
I am wearing...jeans, a grey top and a burgundy sweater.
I am reading...Treasure at Blue Heron Lake by Susan Page Davis.
I am hoping...to get my Christmas letter printed this week. I've written it already. I also bought photo cards and printed copies of our favourite family picture that was taken on Thanksgiving weekend by Sarah West.
I am hearing...delay announcements on the GO train.
Around the house...winding down from the fall; packing away lawn furniture, throwing out dead plants, and gearing up for Christmas; wreaths on door, evergreens on front doorstep, and garland on front pillars. I bought curtains for the guest room and we ordered a headboard, frame and mattresses for it. I also chose hardware for the chest of drawers I painted, to correspond to the iron bed. My poor husband is the "putter-together-of-things". My Mom bought a tv stand, so that's his project this evening. The girls are busy with school, and I edited a paper for each of them. I actually enjoyed doing it. Is that weird?
One of my favourite things...my family. When they're home, there's laughter in the house. I love my husband and daughters. It's nice to have a peaceful home life.
Some plans for the week...work three nights, clean, then pack for Ottawa. One night there for the SGF Assembly. Three other couples are attending from our church as well. Our daughter has friends coming over this weekend from out of town.

No comments: