Monday, November 1, 2010

NaNoWriMo

Outside my window...a sunny, but cool day.
I am thinking...the College and Careers group went well on Saturday. There were ten of us, two were missing. We had pizza and I spoke on Radical Hospitality. It was a good discussion.
I am thankful for...yesterday. The induction for my husband and Glen as elders at our church was very good. Carl Muller delivered a sobering message. "When persecution comes, they come for the elders first." Then we had Carl and Heather over for dinner, then our Pastor finished preaching about John Newton, as part of Reformation Sunday. It was also Hallowe'en, but since we don't celebrate it, my husband and I went out after the evening service to a restaurant. We had a good talk. I still like his company.
From the kitchen...Atlantic salmon, broccoli, crudites and dip.
I am wearing...long johns (it's cold), jeans, two sweaters, gloves, scarf, coat and even boots.
I am reading...Secrets of Harmony Grove by Mindy Starns Clark.
I am hoping...to make some progress on my NaNoWriMo novel, even if I can't keep up with the daily quotas due to my busy life. It seems we have something planned every weekend for the next two months, but I suppose that's what makes a good life. I started my NaNo novel today. I'm supposed to write 50,000 in 30 days. That's 1,667 words a day. Today I wrote 1,743 words in one hour and 35 minutes. It actually flowed smoothly, but then I had heard that would happen at the beginning. I'm even working directly onto my computer, which is new for me, but saves me the step of transcription. The only thing about writing was it cut into my pre-work nap time. That's one of the reasons I'm not sure if I can do it. It was fun to start, though. It's historical fiction set in WW2 Finland. It's a story that's been on my heart for a long while, even more than the romances I've been writing. I had planned to write in in third person, but my protagonist insists on telling her story in first person. These characters can be so bold, sometimes. I guess I have to let her. I may just have to make it first person, from three characters, so I can cover the battles as well. Wish me luck.
I am hearing...the train.
Around the house...our coffee tables for the basement arrived. My husband had just finished assembling my mom's dining table and chairs. He says he is the "putter-together-of-things". We laughed because the diagram for the coffee table assembly had only two steps. The first showed it upside-down, with all the parts separate. The next picture showed it upright, fully assembled. Should be easy, eh?
One of my favourite things...a new writing project. That is sometimes a problem, because instead of finishing, I move on to the romance of the 'new thing'. I really need to finish something.
Some plans for the week...work four flippin' nights. Excuse my language, but some weeks, I'm just not ready for them. Friday night; recover, shop, date night. Saturday, clean while my husband is at the men's breakfast, then head to Hamilton as a family, to visit our eldest. We plan to go to an antique store, hopefully to find a chair for the guest room, then we'll go out for dinner and then to her church. Sunday, church. Not sure yet if we're having anyone over, but I'll plan as if we will.

No comments: