Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas Break

Outside my window...sunny and relatively warm. Amazing December so far.
I am thinking...typical CTV news. Ten minutes in and they’re already doing animal stories. Is nothing happening in the world? Like the elections in Congo?
I am thankful for...a peaceful family life.
From the kitchen...Schezuan beef stir fry and rice.
I am wearing...jeans and a cream coloured pullover.
I am reading...The Answers Book by Don Batten in preparation for my January message on Noah.
I am hoping...my Mother-in-law’s heart procedure goes well today. This is her second one and I know she’s really nervous about it.
I am hearing...and 80’s channel on the t.v. Yes, I’m still in a time warp.
Around the house...I’m stringing Christmas lights on everything: beds, railings, bushes, and the tree. My mom came to the Christmas banquet Saturday morning. Then we decorated the tree. I found the decorations. My eldest was home, sick. She’s finished her exams and she quit her job at the bakery because it was too stressful as she wasn’t treated very well. We told her to concentrate on her last few months of school. Only four more to go. Yesterday, my daughter’s boyfriend came over for dinner and we had guests after the evening service and one overnight guest. My husband desperately needs a vacation, he’s not sleeping well and hasn’t had a vacation since Europe, which was an exhausting vacation. In my job I have a lot of time off, which I appreciate.
One of my favourite things...Christmas get-togethers. We had the Elders, Deacons and Wives Christmas banquet on Friday night at the Imperial Buffet. Saturday morning we had the Ladies’ meeting Christmas Brunch. We renamed ourselves to Women of Faith. I spoke on Esther and it was well received.
Some plans for the week...work two or three nights. I’m going to take one of them off for bereavement as one of my uncles in Finland died. Then I’m off for 14 days! I know it’ll go quickly but I have much to catch up on since I haven’t even sent my Christmas cards or done any Christmas baking.

No comments: