Monday, December 19, 2011

The Way of All the Earth

Outside my window...pitch black. I’m wide awake at 6 a.m. on a day off. I’m proving my theory that the older you get, the less you sleep because you don’t have much time left.
I am thinking...so Kim Jong Il died. I wonder what that will mean for North Korea since his son isn’t much better, apparently. Also, Christopher Hitchens died this week. He was a “famous” atheist who wrote a book called, “God is NOT great.” If he died as defiantly as he lived, then he knows better now, sadly. Also, at the judgment, he’ll understand what the Bible means by, “and their works will follow them”. Anyone whom he has influenced will be added to his account.
I am hoping...to have a productive week. I’m off for FOURTEEN days, and I’d like to get at least one special project done each day. I have some end of the year paperwork to do and a few closets to clean.
I am thankful for...getting my Christmas letter and cards sent. They were late, but at least they are DONE. Some years I’m organized. This is not one of them.
I am wearing...pajamas. Hey, it’s 6 a.m.
From the kitchen...chicken stir fry and rice, banana cream pie.
I am hearing...the howling wind. I’m glad I don’t have to walk the dog for a few more hours. Hopefully it’ll warm up when the sun rises.
I am reading... Every Writer’s Dream by Jeff Goins. It’s an e-book about a different approach to writing.
Around the house...ready for Christmas, mostly. We’re not too big on gifts this year, which is fine. We don’t need anything. I’ll be getting a few new books (don’t act surprised), and after Christmas we’ll buy a new t.v. since my husband has been in mourning since the last one died.
One of my favourite things...having my family around me. I not only love them, I like them, too.
Some plans for the week...writing projects. I have a lot of ideas for the Scarlet Thread project as well as more Interviews. Also, since our family Christmas events are hosted by someone else this year and we have Christmas day free, we’re trying to find something “helpful” to do on that day. The fact that it’s on a Sunday kind of messes things up a bit.

No comments: