Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Mother of the Bride Dress


Outside my window...it rained yesterday, but the rest of the week will be hot. We’re going to the beach on Thursday.
I am thinking...we heard 15 sermons in eight days. I hope it translates into a changed life for us.
I am hoping...my daughter will enjoy the wedding plans. She’s so frustrated at times that she says she wishes they were eloping instead. I told her she’d be glad in the end, for the memories.
I am thankful for...our second week of vacation. We are getting a lot of things done. I bought my mother-of-the-bride dress yesterday. It’s navy, floor length and has on shoulder, which isn’t usually my style, since I’m more of a symmetrical person.

From the kitchen...salmon, skewered vegetables, fresh bread.
I am hearing...the dishwasher. It’s so loud, but I still love it.
I am reading...still on Exploring the Fascinating Life of Jesus by Roger Ellsworth. It’s one of the books we bought at Carey. I tend not to have as much time to read on vacation because I usually read on my commute. Maybe at the beach.
Around the house...my eldest is finished her job at camp and will be here with us for the next six weeks until the wedding.  She is painting some pillars for the ceremony. My youngest got her wisdom teeth out last week while we were at Carey Conference. Now she is working in an office doing filing and things like that for two weeks. It’s better than nothing. It will at least help to pay for her books. We are planning a wedding shower for a week from Saturday.
One of my favourite things....weddings. We were in Delhi for the wedding of a couple in our church. They only had a few weeks to plan it but it was very nice and God honouring. It’s easy to lose sight of that.
Some plans for the week...dental appointment tomorrow, beach day Thursday, family bbq on Friday, then the long weekend. Maybe we’ll have friends over. I hope to finish up some writing projects.

No comments: