Friday, July 11, 2008

Favourite Comedian

I don't care much for too many stand-up comics because they're usually pretty crude. But Steven Wright is my favourite. He's funny looking and he delivers absurd one-liners in a monotone. He's the only one who can make me laugh out loud. (Usually I just shake).
There's a Finnish proverb that says, "Your character comes to light in what inspires you to laugh." So what does this say about me?
Here are some examples:
"I saw a subliminal advertising executive, but only for a second."
"I installed a skylight in my apartment...the people who live above me are furious."
"I went to court for a speeding ticket. I pleaded insanity. I said, 'Your Honor, why would anyone in their right mind park in the passing lane?'"
"I was in the supermarket the other day, and I met a lady in the aisle where they keep the generic brands. Her name was 'woman'."
"I have the world's largest collection of seashells. I keep it on all the beaches of the world...Perhaps you've seen it."
"I'm writing an unauthorized autobiography."
"My friend Winnie is a procrastinator. He didn't get his birthmark until he was eight years old."
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time."
"When I think about the past, it brings back so many memories."
And my favourite,
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Want more? Check out this website:
http://www.wright-house.com/steven-wright/steven-wright-jokes.html

No comments: