Thursday, June 4, 2009

Praise God for Health

June 5, 2009

Outside my window...we have a beautiful view of the city lights from the patient lounge at PMH. It faces west, and you can see all the way to Hamilton, but you can also see south a bit, and at night the CN Tower is lit up in different colours. In the day time, during the summer, you can see sailboats on Lake Ontario. We also have beautiful sunsets. I had worked the night of that blackout a few years ago, and it was so strange to look out and see only darkness, and stars over Toronto.
I am thinking...that this latest plane crash (Air France from Brazil to Paris) was so sad. What a horrible, terrifying way to die. See why I hate flying?
I am thankful for...the fact that my husband celebrated eleven years cancer free on June 3rd. Praise God, he's been able to see the girls grow up, get saved, and baptized. Our marriage got even better after his illness, too.
From the kitchen...beef stroganoff and carrots.
I am wearing...my uniform. I'm at work tonight.
I am reading...Danger's Hour by James Francis. It's a submarine techno thriller about two subs that collide; the rescue attempt, the cover-up, and the politics. It's been a while since I've read a sub book.
I am hoping...for good weather for the outdoor concert on Saturday.
I am hearing...a patient snoring very loudly. They're the best ones to check on rounds, because you hardly have to go into the room to know they're breathing. His roommate is complaining, though.
Around the house...my daughter offered to plant some annuals in the flower bed in the front yard. It's later than I usually do it, but life has been busy. I let her choose whatever flowers she wanted since she was doing the work. I usually plant pink impatiens, but she chose marigolds. I woke up today and it was all done. She did a great job.
One of my favourite things...when I get a brainstorm of an idea when I'm writing. The words fly onto the page. I had such a moment last night and was able to write a funny scene based on one of my more embarrassing moments. My social awkwardness is fodder for my stories.
A few plans for the week...work this fourth night, attend the first concert of my life on Saturday: Hillsong United. They are a praise and worship band from Australia. One of their more famous songs that is sung in churches is Shout to the Lord. Saturday is Christian Heritage Day at Ontario Place. Also we'll be bringing along my husband's cousin, Kelli who is here from Florida. She'll be staying with us for a few days. She's the same age as our oldest daughter.

No comments: