Sunday, June 14, 2009

A Working Holiday

June 14, 2009

Outside my window...one of the first really, really warm days this year. I even worked on my tan on the deck this afternoon.
I am thinking...it was shocking to hear that my husband's director was diagnosed with leukemia. I really wonder how this alpha-male will cope with this complete loss of control.
I am thankful...for my job. I am now off for eleven days!
From the kitchen...jumbo hot dogs on the BBQ, pasta salad.
I am wearing...p.j.'s.
I am reading...Tides of Hope by Irene Hannon. It's a Christian romance.
I am hoping...that my mom's angiogram on Wednesday reveals why she's still been having chest pain.
I am hearing...The Bourne Supremacy, even though I've seen it before.
Around the house...my husband's cousin has gone back to Florida, my eldest was at camp getting free training to be a lifeguard, my youngest is writing eight exams in seven days, my husband is doing strike preparations in case city workers go on strike, which will mean he'll be locked in to run the city's water supply. I hope they don't strike. I'll miss him.
One of my favourite things...reading.
A few plans for the week...I'm going to Hamilton to paint the room my daughter will occupy in the fall. It's a house with 6 other Christian girls. It needs to be done, but I hate painting, mostly because I'm a perfectionist. If I'm going to do it, I do it right, which is not fun for me or anyone forced to paint with me. Then on Wednesday, my mom has her angiogram. The rest of the week is still unplanned.

No comments: