Sunday, January 10, 2010

Coming Along

Jan. 10, 2010

Outside my window...a very, very cold day.
I am thinking...I'm so happy for my friend, Kathy. She is getting married next month. We went to her wedding shower yesterday.
I am thankful for...faithful preaching. Even in the absence of our Pastor, there are capable men to fill in. This morning John Bell preached on the transfiguration and this evening, Pedro Rodrigues preached on Unity in Diversity from Ephesians 4. Very encouraging messages.
I am wearing...my pajamas.
From the kitchen...roast chicken, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, carrots, beans, salad, and marble brownies. We had our guest speaker, John Bell and our friend, Leah over for dinner, even though our house is filled with moving boxes. It's about the fellowship.
I am reading...A Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick, about a woman who answers an ad for a mail-order bride, with plans to poison the man and steal his poison.
I am hoping...to keep to my Bible reading plan to read the New Testament in 90 days.
I am hearing...some mindless pirate movie, called Cutthroat Island.
Around the house...I'm working a lot so I can't finish my packing until the week before we move. I'm not worried though. Things are coming along. We went to the bank and signed the papers, and went to see our new house again and take some measurements. It didn't seem as big this time, more homey.
One of my favourite things...we ordered some new mattresses for our daughter and ourselves. We are getting a tempurpedic mattress. I don't know if I'll ever get out of bed again.
A few plans for the week...work four nights, show our house to potential renters of our house. Our neighbours asked, and we don't mind. They're planning to rent it out once we leave.

No comments: