Monday, August 29, 2011

The CNE

August 29, 2011.

Outside my window...sunny and warm all week, then raining when I'm off on the last weekend of the summer. Funny how that goes.
I am thinking...of attending the SGF Ladies' conference for Pastors/Elders' wives. It will be held at Trinity Baptist church in Burlington and the topics look interesting.
I am hoping...to get some plans together for the fall for Ladies' meetings and the college and career group.
I am thankful for...time with my family. Yesterday my daughter's boyfriend came over for dinner again. We like him a lot.
I am wearing...beige capris and a navy coloured long top.
From the kitchen...teriyaki fish, basmati rice and salad.
I am hearing...conversations on the train.
I am reading...A Cup of Cold Water by Christine Farenhorst. It's about nurse Edith Cavell, who lost her life for helping Allied soldiers escape Belgium in WW1.
Around the house...we had a good weekend. At the EX with my youngest daughter we had funnel cake, saw the farm building, the food building, the hobby and craft building and the international building. I bought some Suomi shirts at the Finnish booth.
One of my favourite things...getting mani-pedis done with my daughters. Sitting in a massage chair at the time = a princess day.
Some plans for the week...work four nights. Go to my brother-in-law's on Friday for birthday cake. The weekend isn't planned yet. My girls have one week off after work and before school, so I have them doing more around the house; cooking, cleaning and walking the dog.

No comments: