Monday, April 16, 2012

Baptism

April 16, 2012.

Outside my window...awesome day! 23 degrees C in mid April. If it wasn't for the gusting winds, it would be a perfect day.
I am thinking...it was so great to witness another baptism at church yesterday. This was a young woman we had long prayed for. God saved her and she wanted to be baptized. Most of her family and her fiance's family were there. They are Roman Catholics. Our Pastor preached a very clear message on baptism. See the sermon notes below or listen to it on our church website, faith-baptist.ca
I am hoping...to stick with the running program. If you saw my form; barely lifting my knees, tongue hanging out, gasping for breath, you wouldn't call it running. But I didn't stop, and today I jogged 4 min., walked 5, jogged 4, walked 5. I didn't wheeze or gasp, or stop, and I even picked up my pace in the last minute. That's progress, isn't it?
I am thankful for...solid preaching. So many preach fluff.
I am wearing...jeans, my SUOMI shirt and a navy cardigan.
From the kitchen...corned beef and rice, but only because it was just my husband and me for dinner and no one else likes it.
I am hearing...the train.
I am reading...Gideon's Gift by Karen Kingsbury.
Around the house...my eldest is moving back home till she gets married. Both girls have summer jobs lined up. My mom is visiting relatives out of town.
One of my favourite things...Downton Abbey. I'm hooked. I'd like to get the earlier seasons.
Some plans for the week...work four nights. Ugggh! Pick up my daughter's things from Hamilton, my husband has a men's breakfast Saturday morning, we have a church supper on Sunday. Then start all over again.

No comments: